on 18 June 2007
I've had my seiko for about 8 years now. It still keeps great time, and has become one of my favorite watches, despite being the cheapest. I reset the time to my casio waveceptor once a month, polish it up a bit and that's it.

At first I used to get a rash on my wrist, but this seems to have stopped now that I wear it a bit looser.

I have a skinny wrist, but this watch is not too big and so fits well.

For a good reliable watch that just goes and goes, you could do a lot worse.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2011
I wanted something that was robust easy to read analogue with a date long lasting and would not need batteries changing to replace my Pulsar which is very worn from hardly being off my wrist in 25 years. I've read lots of reviews on Seiko 5's including a complete dismantling of the mechanism detailing the quality of the design and parts. I think it represents excellent hassle free value that should last a long time and looks decent. Don't expect it to be as accurate as a quartz but it's still very good for an automatic. If you want the extra accuracy you may wish to consider the solar powered Citizen Ecodrive but don't keep it up your sleeve too much. I considered this but I'm active a lot at night and there's that something about the Seikos.
The seller Direct Diamond Centre / Sparkle were very fast to dispatch on a Saturday.
Recommended.
on 9 January 2012
Bought this watch as a gift. Arrived in a super fast time with loads of branded packaging safeguarding it. Is in good working order and appears to be a really beautiful watch for the price paid, which was much less than other outlets. My husband is pleased with it & therefore so am I.
on 27 December 2011
I have had this watch for 6 years,i wear it constantly work or play.It is accurate to 30sec a week,which is good for an automatic.
on 17 March 2012
The watch is very beutiful, actually it looks nicer than the picture tells. It is relatively easy to adjust the bracelet length to your wrist - it is not required to take it to a watch seller. Started using it the minute it arrived, very pleased with it!
on 21 June 2016
I've only had this watch a week but so far it's been fine. Automatic watches are not necessarily absolutely accurate, like say a quartz watch, but this is the third I've had (the second Seiko) and I like them because you don't have to put in any batteries. My last Seiko, which I had for nearly 40 years, stopped twice in the last month, so I could not rely on it and therefore got a new one. But I wanted a Seiko because they seem so reliable.
on 29 May 2013
Good looking watch. Had to get watch band adjusted for size at jeweller. Watch lasts for about 40 hours without being wound up.
on 25 July 2015
An excellent and attractive watch with a simple, fold-over bracelet that is easy to adjust for wrist size. The crown protrudes very little and will not dig into the back of the left hand like many other watches. It doesn't use batteries, it tells the time to within a few seconds per week and it displays the day and date. The dial is a lovely deep blue colour (almost black) and the fingers and numerals are "luminous". What's not to like? If I were forced to find even the smallest annoyance with this watch, it would be that the day is displayed in a foreign language between 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock in the morning. I can live with that.
on 25 June 2012
Lovely looking watch but sadly not very accurate. When I received the watch I was delighted at how well it kept time (within 30 seconds a day)which I think is pretty good for an automatic. However, I've had it six months now and the accuracy has diminshed severely. It now loses about 5 minutes a day which is very disappointing. I'll see if it's possible to have it improved and update this review accordingly as it's a lovely looking time piece and deserves a bit spending on it if only to find out if it's simply a bit of teething trouble.
on 22 May 2016
Bought this because I was fed up with buying batteries for my old watch and I thought new-fangled solar powered and atomic timed watches were more like dinner plate size for my slender and elegant wrists. As long as you wear it and keep it wound, it's ideal. I love it and I saved a load of dosh too, so thanks.