on 17 September 2014
This is a transition season from a care free Magnum with hair looking like Bozo (for those of you who remember) under his ball cap to a more developed actor we see later in Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck is one of my favorites, like James Garner and Walter Matthau, comfortable in his own skin and also much liked in the Jesse Stone series.
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2007
What a great series Magnum P I was. I remember watching it when I was younger and am so glad they are releasing the series on dvd. Season 5 is one of the best seasons and sees the "return" of Mac who was killed off in season 3. The re-introduction of his character is well done. What makes Magnum P I such a great programme is the characters Thomas, Rick, T C and my faverite Higgins and how they interact with each other. There are not too many programmes that have characters that you really care about.
The prints of the episodes are pritty good for their age, with only a few scratches and blemishes. The only thing that lets the box set down is the lack of special features. It would be nice to have some commentry tracks by some of the people who made Magnum P I. I do prefer the new style packaging that Playback now use. The plastic slip cases will last alot longer than the old card packaging used on the first 3 seasons. Now with season 6 also available and season 7 on the way we have lots to look forward to.
So, all in all a great season and well worth adding to your collection.
on 25 September 2011
I am a huge Magnum fan and have been taking a walk down memory lane with the DVDs. I was so looking forward to watching season 5 (have seen 1-4) and after a long wait, I was disappointed to see that a few of the episodes had been repeated from Season 3. I found this odd as I have other box sets (like Charmed) which have different and original episodes for each season. In the future, I'll be checking on the episode titles before buying the next season.
on 22 May 2013
Just as good as the previous four seasons and excellent value for money. Took a week to arrive - but well worth the wait at an excellent price - I'll coming back to this seller for season 6!
on 29 November 2012
Big fan of Magnum Pi. One of my favorites from the 80's. If you enjoyed watching this as a kid, treat yourself and take a trip down tv memory lane.
on 12 February 2013
again bought as part of the whole series as love the whole show would never tire of watching this dvd
on 9 February 2015
Always good, sometimes thought-provoking adventure.
on 7 June 2009
OK - So the plots could be worked out on the back of an envelope, but after a hard day at work there is nothing better to unwind with then a couple of episodes of "Magnum PI".

Stunning Locations beautiful People and a Ferrari, more of the same from
Magnum, Rick, TC and Higgins.

Five star entertainment any day.

Anderson Estate, before I get too decrepit, I'm going to risk the descendants of Zeus and Apollo, for a dip in the turtle pool!.
on 15 December 2007
YEP THIS IS GREAT STUFF. IF YOU WANNA BE INSPIRED WATCH MAGNUM PI. IT WAS AND IT IS AWESOME. THIS GUYS STICK TOGETHER LIKE A TEAM AND THEY SOLVE CASES USING MAGANUMS INVESTIGATIVE TGECHNIQUES.

WATCH IT PLAY IT AND LEARN FROM IT. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT MAGANUM, ITS ABOUT FRIENDSHIP AND WORKING AS A TEAM. ITS ABOUT TC, RICK, HIGGINS AND MAC. ITS ABOUT WORKING TOGETHER AND GETTING INSPIRED BY THESE GUYS. ABOUT KINDA SOLVING YOUR OWN LIFE OUT
on 23 April 2015