on 14 May 2014
Its a rather fun, dapper idea. My wife originally bought me this gift and I thought I would return the gesture. What does the gift consist of? A souvenir plot of land (a micro estate) on the ancient grounds of Castle Dunans, also proceeds go toward the gradual rebuild of the castle and the upkeep of the grounds. I gather there is some chunter on the internet that these feudal titles are a con......well all I can say is that when I presented my title deeds to my bank and credit card company they changed my title from 'Mr' to 'Laird' on all my bank cards. I thought that was rather splendid. I also see that Lairds & Ladies of Dunans are permitted to wear an exclusive tartan too. All in all I thought this was a good gift, a fun gift for those enjoy something that little bit different.
22 Comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 January 2018
Husband's a Laird now. A daft gift item which raises funds to rebuild Dunans Castle. Great way of raising money. You get a visit to the castle included in the cost. Needs to be registered online and you received your title and deed certificate within the week. Good value
on 21 August 2016
I purchased this as a gift for a friend.....

He now insists that I call him lord.....

Great gift for any person.
on 27 January 2018
Brilliant present idea - the kind of thing you want for yourself but find it hard to justify the cost! Having said that now I've given 3 of these as presents my thirst to have one myself will probably be satiated as some point soon!
on 3 February 2018
Excellent 'quirky' gift, you get the ability to use the title 'Laird or Lady' and a certificate, free admission to the castle etc......wife thinks I'm mad but why not - also bought her a 'Ladyship' mug to go with it !!
on 2 April 2018
Cool present for the person who has everything ! It comes in handy because with title, you often get lower insurance privileged seats ,preferential treatment ( if you chose to declare your title that is....)
on 7 April 2018
Bought this as a present for my dads 70th birthday and he loved it! I chose this one as the money you pay helps towards the upkeep of the castle so your money is doing good. The certificate came really quickly and my mum and dad have already booked a trip up to Scotland to go and visit his square foot of land! He also likes that you have fishing rights. The only problem is every time we see him he demands we address him as laird!! A great present.
on 18 December 2017
bought as a gift person loved it
on 24 July 2017
My son was thrilled and the pack was lovely, especially the certificate they sent him when he registered his claim. Very chuffed!
on 5 August 2017
Fun product , bought as a fun gift for my Dad when he turned 60.