Style: SPF 50+|Change

on 31 May 2011
After many years of using Clinques CityBlock SPF 40 I thought I would up the protection this year and look for an alternative product. Had a surf around and found this which had good reviews. I have been using it a few weeks and tend to find that after a few hours my face feels 'thick' and dirty like I want to give it a good wipe with a towel. It just feels like my face has got a greasy coating on. Its great when first put it on but dosen't run the day without you knowing its there. I'll be reserving this for summer holidays and no make-up days. Back to Clinque for me.
on 22 November 2009
This is great if you find you get sun damage to your face on a regular basis as I do. It is very easy to put on and you only need a very small amount. Being factor 50 means that you can feel secure going out and about. It absorbs into the skin easily and is not greasy and you can still use your normal make up. It is good even in winter whether walking or cycling as on bright days you can still get damage from the ultra violet rays!
on 12 October 2013
I had early signs of skin cancer on my nose two years ago and was advised to use this product every day after my treatment no matter what the weather was like, indoors or out I have and thankfully it has not returned. A friend who had the same problem about the same time is still returning to the hospital as hers has returned on two more occasions. She would not take the advice I was given. It is a fab product and would not be without it. I use it after my shower every morning & under my makeup, then I can forget it for the rest of the day.
on 21 June 2013
I am having laser treatment on my face for removing unwanted hair and the doctor recommended that I use a strong sunscreen and this did the job and more. My other option at the clinic was an expensive cream but I bought this one instead and I never regretted it. It's light, has a light tint finish that makes you need no other foundation (unless your skin has many blemishes) and it feels light and smooth on your face and protects it for real. Great value for the money. I definitely recommend it
on 7 November 2009
I bought the product at the recommendation of a hospital dermatologist. It is too early, after only a couple of weeks, to comment on its efficacy, but I am impressed by such superficial aspects as:
* packaging
* ease of flow of cream
* fragrance-free
* no greasiness
Friends and relatives intend to buy it for general, non-medical use.
on 3 December 2015
This is without doubt the very best product I have ever used. I am severely prone to cold sores anyway and the probability of me getting an outbreak at anytime is likely, but in the sun, regardless of what factor sun cream or lip protection I use, that probability becomes a definite certainty. This year, I returned to Greece again, for the fourth consecutive year, and I was dreading the inevitable outbreak. Prior to going away I decided to search for something online since the doctor told me there was "nothing they could prescribe or suggest."

I came across this product and started reading through the reviews, and I decided to give it a go based on what I'd read. I even allowed myself to momentarily imagine a holiday that wouldn't be ruined by cold sores caused by the sun. *gasp*

Well, I spent four weeks in Crete, in August and into September. There was a heatwave while I was there, the temperature reached 45c on several days, and I was laying and swimming in that searing heat all day long, every day, be it at the beach or by the pool.

Not. One. Cold. Sore.

Usually, after a couple of days in lesser temperatures my lips are blistering, and once that starts it's just a complete nightmare from that point onwards until I'm home and dunking my head in Zovirax ten times a day. As anyone who suffers with cold sores knows, once the blister happens, or the tingling starts, it's basically unstoppable, and then just turns into a monstrous beast that will make you miserable and just ruin the rest of your holiday. Sunsense prevented all of this.

I didn't notice any funny smells or taste from the product, it leaves a nice, moisturising shine on your lips and it really does do what it says on the tin, it PROTECTS your lips providing you apply it regularly as instructed. I think I topped mine up every time I felt it had absorbed into my lips. Every couple of hours. You get lots in the one tube, more than in most of the other similar products on sale, my tube of Sunsense lasted the entire month and is still about a third full.

Seriously, buy this stuff if you struggle with cold sores ruining your life while you're on holiday. It's like a miracle in a tube. I love it, and I would never be without it again. And so cheap!!
on 11 June 2010
After reading a lot of great reviews about this product I felt that it was the right thing to purchase as I was looking for a high factor sunscreen to use everyday.

On applying the product it made the texture of my skin look about 10 years older than I am (I'm only in my 30's) and dried to an uncomfortable tight, sticky finish. NOT the invisible, matt finish that the packaging boasts.

It was after just a single day's use that I then broke out in pimples all over my face and neck, just about anywhere that I had applied the product.

Not only do I regret wasting my money on this product I also regret having mentioned the fact that I had ordered some to a good friend of mine who was about to go on holiday. She went ahead and ordered it and needless to say had such a bad break out of spots and pimples that she too has had to stop using it, this was within just a week's usage.

This is a truly shocking product that I would not recommend to anyone with an interest in quality skin care products.
on 23 March 2011
I have to admit i was a little worried after reading some of the comments here - one lady said this cream gave her spots and that is the kind of thing that would happen to me - it has done with numerous creams!!!

However, i wayed my options out and it was either trying this one or no protection at all, so i bought it thinking, well if it is not perfect it is not too much money wasted.

I AM SO GLAD I DID!!! This cream is really good and you can put foundation over it.. How it does it i do not know, close to a miracle really, it does not smell, of anything at all, it absorbs within seconds and it gives me a piece of mind while protecting and moisturising my skin!! I am very impressed and will be buying again for sure... You do not neet a lot and the fact that it's tinted still does not mean it smudges!

My skin type is dry combination and normally have a problem using a cream that will not give me black heads on my nose while moisturising my cheeks.. This one seems to cover all...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!
on 19 April 2010
After reading previous review,I bought this product.I am extremely happy with my purchase, it's not oily at all which suits me as I got oily and very sensitive skin.Other creams i bought in the past were too oily for me and i used to get pimples.But this one I've been using it for 3 weeks and no acne problem at all.
on 6 July 2010
Bought this cream as I suffer from vitiligo, I have no pigment left on my entire body and have to use fact 50+ all summer only trouble is face sunscreen usually only goes up to factor 30 so end up using the body one on my face and until I found this would suffer from greesy shiney skin. This suncream is brilliant smooths on lovely and I am able to put my makeup on after without having to worry about any shine or greese on my face. Will be buying this every year.