VINE VOICEon 5 December 2008
This is not a lightweight, folds-flat music stand that is highly portable. It is a solid, rugged music stand which easily accommodates large books or files without any danger of slipping or instability, and which can hold other things at the same time (pencil, metronome, Blackberry) comfortably.

Highly recommended.
on 28 February 2009
Oh joy! no more getting your fingers stuck in the foldy bits and no more embarrassing moments when it all collapses in the middle of your solo. This is a tough, solid stand that is portable in a manner of speaking, so you can take it to gigs, rehearsals etc and it won't let you down. If you're buying via Amazon, look carefully for the total cost including postage. Really good value for my money.
on 15 April 2010
Not quite a fold-up stand, but if necessary, can be folded and put away into quite a small space. From numerous journeys between rooms and walls, I've found that it is a very tough piece of material; it receives no dents and no marks from constant bashing and accidental elbow damage. The tightening/screw mechanism works perfectly, and doesn't loosen over time (unlike those little "portable" stands), so it's pretty hard wearing. At a pinch, it can hold 3 A4 sheets, and is definitely sturdy enough to hold one of those large 200 page "complete works" books.
One tiny thing tough, check the height dimension: if you like a tall stand, this might be a little low, for seated musicians it's great, for standing ones, make sure you know your height!
on 4 August 2010
It is much better than these reviews are talking. I refered the reviews when I made a decision to buy it. Really robust. Very satisfying. I'm using for my laptop. It is strong enough to support my Macbook pro.
on 16 October 2010
Having read some of the other reviews I decided to plump for this stand. This is possibly the best value for money I have ever got! lol! No real downside to it. Strong and sturdy base section. Good height (I use it for standing singing and I'm 6'4". I was getting a hump with my last stand!). Top section is solid and wide. I can get an open a4 wordbook and an ipod on it or a full size laptop as well. No sagging, no wobbling thanks to the wide leg base.

All this for a tenner and some change. You couldn't beat it with a big stick. Have been gigging it hard for a month now (thrown in and out of the car with the other gear)and it's as good as the day I got it.
on 24 November 2010
I love this product. It looks really good, it was easy to assemble, the knobs worked well and it was sturdy once fully set-up. It can easily hold one or two music books and pencils galore as it has a wide base. Rubber coated legs on the tripod base means no scrapes or scratches on the floor. I hope the pricing remains this competitive. This was money well spent.
You may just want to note, that there may be stands out there better suited to you if you're 6ft" or over. It was perfect for me when I'm standing, but then again I'm quite short!
on 23 December 2009
Was very pleased by the swift delivery of this stand, and it came in one largish box. The price is very competitive for such a stand.
The stand itself is very solid, and has a good steady base to rely on. The music holder came separately, but is attached to the tripod-support with the supplied parts. This will last a very long time!! It will also hold quite heavy books on there, so can easily be used for public-speaking or recordings in general.
Although it was bought as a present, I also play music, and would be delighted to get this also.
I'm not a musician and I didn't buy this to hold music. I bought it to provide an extension adjustable shelf at the side of my computer desk to hold my speakerphone and assorted paperwork I need to keep on hand and it is absolutely perfect for the job. It is so rock-steady, robust and well built that I can see it lasting me a lifetime. It now holds said speakerphone + assorted magazines overdue for reading + assorted snail mail overdue for attending to and keeps everything readily to hand, including my pen which sits along the bottom upraised edge. I really cannot praise this enough.
on 11 May 2010
Very substantial and stable music stand. Does exactly what it is supposed to do! Holds all my lyric sheets, drum sticks, tambourine and fags!!!
on 3 July 2014
I actually have a few music stands.
I bought this because of the good reviews and boy was I disappointed.
Please bear in mind that I have 4 other Music stands to compare it with - they all Look the same BUT this one is the worse quality.
I suppose I wouldn't have been able to compare it if I didn't have any other music stands

1. It is generally Wobbly
2. The Book Holder Part is not secure
3. Material is thin.
4. VERY SHARP edges

and the worse thing is that, it's fallen over twice, once taking a chunk out of my shiny YAMAHA piano! - I'm not exaggerating - it really did!

I've since put it in a corner, made sure its propped up not to fall down and that it doesn't cut anyone open if it does!
Just haven't done a return as it seems too much trouble and I haven't had time to follow it up.

The other music stands I've bought were just a little bit more expensive. £20 each but their quality is top notch!
I wish I didn't buy it , especially since I tried to save £5 and have now lost a lot of value off my piano.