I bought these to go with my purchase of a Tascam and was bemused to find that they are not suitable covers for the microphones: they do fit over the whole top end, though, covering both mics. Testing them, I found no appreciable difference when using a shield to not using one: the Tascam records to a good sound quality and will pick up a certain amoiunt of atmospheric sound - using these foam windshields make no difference to the sound quality and, by themselves, do not reduce the likelihood of picking up extraneous sounds. While inexpensive, they are not of any particular help in improving sound quality and I can see no reason to purchase them foe use with a Tascam recorder.
on 24 May 2017
Nice and effective product, reduces wind and pop noises well. Also I believe this will keep the twin microphones clean.
Fits my Zoom H1 snugly with no signs of tearing or misshaping.
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 July 2017
These foam mic covers would be great ... if they were sized as described. Unfortunately, they're not. They're not even close to 45mm internal Diameter. When stretched (a lot) I would say that they're maybe 40mm. A realistic internal diameter would be 35mm. They won't fit any of the large mics without some very extreme stretching, and that takes away from their performance. Not a good buy. Avoid.
on 2 March 2014
I bought these to use for my zoom h2n as I did not want to spend £20 on one official windshield. The windshield itself is very good, I noticed a significant improvement when I tested it outside, I still could hear a bit of wind noise but no where near as bad as the zoom without the shield.
I am very impressed with this and the fact that there is 5 makes it even better value for money. I would recommend if you want good performance but dont want to spend £20 on an official windshield. I am not sure if these will be as effective as the official one but at this price I'm still not complaining.
on 4 May 2017
Grabbed me these for a Zoom H1 for interview type stuff.. fits snug!
on 1 November 2015
Purchased to reduce wind noise on my zoom h1.

They fit ok, a little bigger than I expected and could be fractionally tighter in their fitment but do what I need perfectly well. Certainly recued the noise over the microphone in noisy or windy environments.
on 7 August 2017
The claim for this item says it is suitable fro the Tascam DR-05 - Be advised they do NOT fit the Tascam DR-05. Cannot Recommend.
on 30 April 2017
Fit great even improves sound pick up, this is the second order as first worked so well , very quick delivery thanks
on 9 April 2017
Almost as good as a full "dead cat" and much more discrete.
on 16 August 2017
Great quality product. Good value for money. Quick delivery. Very pleased, would recommend.