Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 24 February 2015
RICKY BOBBY AND CAL NAUGHTON ARE THE DREAM TEAM OF NASCAR RACING. JEAN GIRARD THE SPOILER FROM BORING BORING FORMULA ONE. THANK THE LORD FOR THE FINAL RACE AT TALLADEGA. I HATE COHEN,AND HE IS THE ONLY THING ABOUT THIS FILM THAT COULD LOSE IT A STAR. RICKY AND HIS FIRST INTERVIEW NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO WITH HIS HANDS KILLED ME! WILL FERELL AND JOHN C. REILLY HIT MY FUNNY BONES EVERYTIME AND I LOVED BOTH THE FILM AND THE SUBJECT....WISH WE COULD SEE NASCAR INSTEAD OF THAT OTHER SLOT CAR SPORT ! TALLADEGA NIGHTS A DVD VIA AMAZON.U.K.
on 18 March 2010
Talladega Nights has to be the best Will Ferrell film ever made, almost the best comedy film ever made.

I've seen 1000's of films, and this is by far one of the funniest i have ever seen!!

GO WILL FERRELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VINE VOICEon 15 September 2007
This movie has been recieving rather a large amount of unfavourable reviews from Amazon customers and...I guess I can see why! "Talladega Nights" is definitely one of those movies that you either love or hate.

Speaking for myself, I think this movie is hilarious. I've sat through it twice and spent each viewing laughing like a drain!

Will Ferrell is fabulous as always, giving his character Ricky Bobby all the dimwit traits he requires. John C Rielly almost UPSTAGES Ferrell in his role as Ricky Bobby's best buddy. Many of the best gags come from the immensely talented John C. Sacha Baron Cohen is also splendid as the camp F1 racing driver. His performance here knocks spots off the somewhat overrated BORAT, in my opinion.

Some have suggested that the jokes in this movie are few and far between. POPPYCOCK! I would be inclined to say that the jokes fly thick and fast, and, in comedic terms, this movie never steps off the gas.

Just witness Ferrell and Reilly's white trash race car drivers having an in-depth conversation about a "nacho fountain". Or there's the superb bar scene where Reilly unleashes a taser and shouts out: "Say hello to Dr. Watts!"

Yes, many will regard this movie as puerile entertainment. And, basically, it IS stupid! However, all I know is that myself and my companions were creased up in fits of laughter whilst viewing "Talladega Nights". It's a comedy gem.

And, as a footnote, any movie that takes the p*ss out of the preposterous 1980's flick HIGHLANDER is OK in my book!

Enjoy.
VINE VOICEon 2 April 2007
Will Ferrell plays dim-witted ego maniac, Ricky Bobby, a legend in Louisiana's NASCAR racing circuit. After a bad accident Ricky must overcome his fear of speed (and his imagined paraplegia) and get back in his car to beat cocky gay Frenchman Jean Girrard (Sasha Baron Cohen).

The character of Ricky Bobby is just another extension of Anchorman Ron Burgandy but Ferrell plays idiots so well it's not such a bad thing. Talladega nights has the same oddball humour as Anchorman but is a little hit and miss overall. The second act drags on too long and Sasha Baron Cohen isn't as funny as you would expect. John C Reilly is very good as Ricky's half wit sidekick Cal, showing good versatility as a comedy actor as opposed to his usual drama supporting actor roles. There are some moments of comdy genius, Ricky's TV interview is amusing and his fear of catching fire in an accident leads to some funny underpant scenes. Another highlight is the driving with a live Cougar bit. Overall it's not bad, Ferrell always raises a laugh, hopefully Blades of Glory will return to Anchorman form.

Like this? Try: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy
on 21 September 2007
Ferrell is usually much funnier than this. It WAS funny in parts, and I DID laugh, but just not often enough. Some really good actors in it too...Gary ?Lucas? the guy from "Midnight Caller" didn't convince me as his "55" year old Dad. Cohen's accent WAS pants, but still a funny guy and a funny character. If you like Ferrell, you'll probably love it, if not, you probably won't. As I said, average fare.
on 12 August 2010
To like this film, you have to love Will Ferrell and everything he has to offer. For my taste it's too silly. Admittedly I'm not a massive Ferrell fan but his much more balanced characters in 'Anchorman' and to some extent 'Blades of Glory' are much more appealing to myself. Whereas with these films I found myself laughing, at some stages uncontrollably, here, I found myself asking 'Why?'. It's just too over the top for my personal taste and whilst I'll admit it does have it's moment. In all fairness I'm not going to say you shouldn't watch this but I will say don't expect any of the clever plot lines you may have experienced with Ferrell before. Instead, expect long, drawn-out jokes, which you may find funny initially but will eventually tire of. Not great for me, but it still has that illusive Will Ferrell charm.
on 18 November 2007
I can watch this film over and over and still laugh out loud! I can't believe that people have rated it so poorly, I can't understand why anyone who likes Will Ferral didn't enjoy this film, surely they weren't expecting a complex story line and adult humor. Personally the two foul mouthed kids who play Ferral's kids make the film, the bonus features show the auditions for the two of them, well worth a watch.
on 14 October 2008
its not as good as anchorman - I found this tiresome in places and not knowing much about the culture surrounding NASCAR racing - some of the stereotypes i might not have fully appreciated. I found mosat of the characters to be obnoxious and dimwitted - However, maybe that is the main joke of the film?

Anyway the characters were annoying and the only saving grace is that there are some funny moments - mostly centred around Ferrels drunken father figure and Sacha Bara Cohens french driver.

Cohens comic talents were not utilised to the best they could have been - the director seems to think the biggest joke they can get out of him is a ridiculously over the top french accent.

its a film that doesnt make the best of its comic leads and mostly concentrates mostly on the idiotic redneck characters involved in the main part of the plot. Thankfully it has enough laugh out loud moments to actually make it worthwhile - although it does go on for a bit and the period in the middle where bobby suffers his predicted downfall in the movie is very tiresome.
I was really looking forward to this because a few people told me it was the funniest thing they'd seen in ages (although one had seen it on a plane and plane comedies almost always seem funnier than they actually are - something to do with the free booze and air conditioning I think). Anyway, for the first 45 minutes I didn't laugh or smile once...the whole thing - story, comedy, acting - was lousy, but then gradually the films humour started to tickle me. Its very unpretentious stuff and you really have to go with its silly, nonsensical, improvised nature to get the most out of it. Once you do there's plenty of stupid laughs to enjoy, although its got to be said Sacha Baron Cohen is totally wasted; he can't do a French accent to save his life and should have gone with German like his rubbish Bruno fashion character...would have been far more amusing. That's all I've got to say...think Airplane/Top Secret/Police Academy and you won't be disappointed.
on 30 May 2007
I had been looking forward to this movie since it was released at the cinema. However I really cannot express how disapointed I was with this "comedy". I found only about 5 real funny moments of which all of them I had seen before - where? THE TRAILER!!

Save yourself some time and money - WATCH THE TRAILER: JOB DONE.