Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 August 2004
Is there a greater voice in this world yes there is but is such a voice included in the great allround nice guy that is david hasselhoff, surely not. When dave rocks the casba you know its rocking mainly because 30 million drunk teutons are shuffling their feet to the strains of I've been looking for freedom. An actor, singer and all american hero to billions of people worldwide makes david hot property where ever hes at, if you haven't caught david yet serenading you with his choclatey voice and dapper dance moves at the london production of chicago in the adelphi theatre first walk to the nearest mirror and slap yourself hard several times then buy this cd to practise limbering up your own pale immitations of daves throaty vocals. Remember a cd lasts forever a rare glimpse of the actual genius behind these tracks will stay with you untill the day you die. Dont forget "HASSELHOFF TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS"
on 5 August 2005
The legend that is Hoff!!. My German friend Dirk introduced me the Hoff's music and all I can say is what absolute pure class the man Hasselhoff is!!.
An American classic singing American classics, move over Rod Stewart and your American Songbook, you've nothing on the Hoff.
on 2 September 2005
What a fantastic album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What else can I say?! Its so good I bought 3 copies just in case 2 broke. I think its too cheap though they should increase the price. You wouldn't want just anyone listening to this great,.. no excellent music! A classic! Fan-f***ing tastic! A*!
on 10 July 2008
David Hasslehoff sings classic USA songs some very well known by the older generation and notso muchby the younger lot.

This may be better bought as a gift for a parent than a kid as this is more for older people.

The Hoff tries his best here but I think he should stick with acting and leave the singing altogether.
VINE VOICEon 17 October 2005
"Ah, such sweet music and stuff, not to mention tight menswear worn with a quasi-perm and a smug grin, makes a man more of a chimp type thing." Said Shakespeare in one of his plays, or words to that effect.
I would like to mirror these sentiments, it seems that even before David Hairymuff was born, William Shakespeare had seen a vision of the future of musical lovemaking. Many believe that Leonardo DaVinci and even Mozart had similar visions, but of course how could these mere mortals know what to make of tracks like 'Looking For Freedom'?
I read recently that Einstein's theory of relativity was stumbled upon by accident while he was working on the prototype of a talking car, with a turbo boost.
With such incredible endorsements from great and creative minds throughout the ages, how could anyone possibly chastise this work of pure hair fuelled inspiration and petrol infused omnipotence?
My own personal response to hearing David Hymanoff's chest bursting 'Best Of' album for the first time was akin to being awoken by God, and told to go forth and bury the heads of all of Earth's people in a musical placenta of pleasure. "Phew" I thought, but I've taken up this mission of mercy and I will not relent. Hear me now music fans, purchase this album, listen to it track by track (maybe listening to the particularly good 'Hot Shot City' a few more times) and then cast your other records into the fiery pits of effluence, who needs them now that Hasselburger has wiped his wet on the world of pop forever?
on 15 October 2004
My life has changed after listening to this album - and for the better. I've always loved David since he was popular in Germany but my love has grown and grown over the years and this album is the pinnacle of my affection. His smooth, chocolately, sensual voice has me in raptures as he charms his way effortlessly through the album, leaving you begging for more. It could only be bettered if it was a dvd, and I could see his sweet face and cute body at the same time!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 February 2016
The first time I heard David Hasselhoff sing was back in the 1980’s on an episode of “Knight Rider” and I thought he’d a fantastic voice.

On my trips to America in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s I bought a few cassette tapes of David’s which still get played a lot. Then in 2006 I found this CD which I had sent from America.

The CD booklet has information on the songs and has lovely still photos of David.

There are 15 tracks in all and track 15 is a bonus track.

David has a great voice, has passion in his voice when he’s singing and he can sings a lot of different types of music.:-)

I you were to ask me do I have a favourite I’d have to say it’s the entire CD.

Personally I think he does a fantastic job with everything he sings. :-)

I bought this CD for two reasons first is I’m a big fan of David Hasselhoff and the second I love the way he sings. :-)

This is a great CD for any fan of “The Hoff”. :-)
on 2 February 2017
Once there was Sinatra, then came Elvis, the Beatles and the glimmering Stones, Bowie twinkled, but finally, finally, at long last we have the real thing – a blazing star outshining all others in the firmament of musical genius.

David Hasselhof has, with this stellar production, swept away all the hollow outpourings before him as if they were merely the clatter of tin tacks across a corrugated-iron roof. His deep-dripped honey tones transport one away to another cosmos, an alternative existence of immaculate experiences. It is as if a black hole opened in the bedroom and released a gaseous nebula to roar across the void.

Turn out the lights, turn on the Hof, and the portals of consciousness will open to reveal his ultimate truth, his utter oneness with the bowels of nature, existence and the inner man.
on 30 November 2010
Take the White Album, Pet Sounds, Exile on Main Street and Now Thats What I call Music 76 and burn them.

Since the first early dawn of man he has strived for musical excellence, that first ape like creature who banged a half eaten bone onto a log could never dare to dream that millenia later Das Hoff would be able to distill the very essence of music and human emotion and produce such an intoxicating mix of sounds and noise.

I purchased this on a whim and have listened to it every day, 24 hours a day since. I simply cannot stop and why would I want to - Musical Nirvana is here and its taken a American / German hybrid, fair of face and devoid of all airs and pretentions to reach it.

If you dont buy this then you are simply not right in the head.
on 11 September 2006
From sea to shining sea, it is plain to see that Mr Hasselhoff has managed to traverse the boundaries of good taste, physics and indeed the English language as he reinvents some classic songs. Included here is The Hofframp's version of 'Rhinestone Cowboy' - a song which, when redone by the Hoffmeister, may just make you want to invest in a rhinestone covered suit and a revolver.

Add to this covers of other bona fide classics such as 'You've lost that loving feeling', 'California girls', 'Raindrops keep falling on my head' and 'New York New York', and you have a CD you could easily give as a gift to your mortal enemy.

Keep on rocking David, you big hunk of burning guano!