on 3 February 2018
Words and on screen writing are in German! I don't know German it is useless to me, unless you can send me one that has not been converted for someone who is German I just can't use it.
if it were in English and no on screen writing I would give it five stars but All it will do is play and it not be understood by me, if you have one that is in English a simple in English transfer of this DVD for an unchanged English version would be acceptable? I liked the original film a lot but only in English.
The only indicator that it was possibility German was the word Das but I did not expect the WHOLE film to have been converted and also with on screen language for a deaf person as well?
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 June 2016
Although I really like this movie and have done since I first saw it in the 1980s, I am slightly disappointed with the transfer. It has as it says been remastered but not restored. Most scenes are of brilliant picture and sound quality, unfortunately a couple of scenes are not as clear as they might be. The sound track [music] is brilliant,and for that alone I would have given it five stars. Another minor quibble, on the sleeve it states in the special features an interview with Michael Pare that is not in fact on the disc. Although I did not let the fact it is not restores spoil my enjoyment I can only rate it four stars.
on 3 February 2018
Like the DVD version This one I cannot understand as it is designed for a deaf person with the on screen language and in a language I do not understand, the English (original) I loved but only that, it looked good and I could understand it as it was English not German and did not have on screen language as it is something that I do not need getting in the way of a good movie?

I don't want to have to learn German just to understand what is being said.
on 18 July 2017
I saw this film on TV many years ago, and was surprised to find it available on DVD after all this time, and at a very competitive price, it was a good 'watch' and it's strange how the memory plays tricks, as it was not entirely how I remembered it, does anyone know if anything was cut from the original ?
on 25 July 2015
Superb 1980's sci-fi. Special effects are dated, of course, but a nice adventure with plenty of time travel 'gags'.... Like Ronald Reagan as president on TV and David (Male lead) thinks he's watching an old film!!! But overall a well made and thought provoking film.... Accept it for what it is and you'll love it..... Recommended!
One person found this helpful
on 8 February 2017
Arrived quickly. This German DVD with English is cheaper than the English version you just have to click on 'ton' at the start to select the English version. I didn't and had to reset the DVD setting to turn off the 'last memory' setting to start from the beginning.
on 17 February 2018
Fabulous film! prefer this version than the recent one! one of my favourite films!
on 3 June 2017
80's throw back dated now but was worth a watch, be good if they remade this now!
on 14 September 2017
this is better than the re make.
on 18 August 2015