Customer reviews

fabric32:  Luke Slater
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 September 2015
DIRTY DARK TWISTED TECHNO. It really is pretty nasty cold and minimal and im ok with that. It doesn't blow my ass out of the sky or anything but it's not too bad either. I cannot give it a 4 or 5 as I have WAY better minimal tech mixes but I must say it is worthy of a listen. It's one of those mixes that seem like it does nothing until you play it a few times or it is in your car and you are starting to appreciate it more. I would say that Magda on Fabric is better as is Akufen. But we are all different arent we so you may just digg it?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 July 2007
Luke Slater is an absolute veteran in the electronic music world and I was so pleased when I heard that Fabric had asked him to do a mix for their extremely well-respected CD series. There has not been a stinker in their mix series since they started six years ago, and Mr. Slater continues the trend by delivering a solid club mix that represents Luke's style and the sound of Fabric (which I am very familiar with having been a loyal clubber there for many years now). I would say that this mix is a bit of a grower, and whilst I'm aware that phrases like that often mean it's actually a bit poor, but the more I listen to this CD the more I want to listen to it. Yes it is subtle in places, and yes Luke generally keeps things quite minimal, but it never gets boring. A dark, smokey techno affair that reflects the atmosphere at Fabric. Top stuff!