Format: DVD|Change

on 30 December 2008
So far we have had 4 series of this wonderful programme. We have waited so long for the 5th series in the UK and still nothing on the horizon. It will be a disgrace if all the others are not released.
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2011
It seems that UK will only have up to season 4 on Region 2 DVD, unless the rest eventually come out.

I have all Waltons DVD's from Region 1, and so that I can play on my computer I have software that tells me what region(s) the DVD's are "locked" to. Sometimes although a DVD is marked as Region 1, 2, etc they have been set up to play more than one region. I pre-ordered all my Region 1 (R1) DVD's before they were released, so the region(s) I mention below that are showing on my DVD's SHOULD be the same now, unless they have been changed. Anyway, here goes:

The Homecoming - movie before the series. R1 only.
Seasons 1 to 7 - R1,2,3,4
Season 8 - R1 only.
Season 9 - R1,2,3,4
6 Movies after the series - R1,2,3,4

So all should play in Region 2 (apart from the Homecoming movie and Season 8 unless you have a multi-zone player). And of course all DVD's are NTSC, not PAL. So make sure your TV/Player can handle NTSC.
on 27 January 2009
Totally agree with the previous 2 comments. These were bought for my wife who is seriously disabled and loves to watch the Waltons on her TV. She now has series 1 - 4 please! please! please! let's have the rest of the series in UK format - She loves her Waltons and can watch them over and over again.
on 13 April 2016
I have not received , I am thinking that I will not get the problem is with the post office and revenue in Brazil , is not the seller. I had already seen the Waltons in Brazil in 70. It is one of the best stories of family relecionamneto . Even with the difficulties they are always united . I should have more series like this.
on 24 October 2012
Wonderful, loving, peaceful, christian based series from the 70's, based in 1930's american country town. Family problems dealt with in a old fashined style of care and respect for others. Often arouses my emotions as to how the world should be, and how i should be too. Very good for teaching children old fashioned family care principles.
on 21 September 2011
The Waltons season 1 - 9 is airing on True Entertainment (SKY 188, Freesat 142, Virgin Cable 189,) and True Movies 2 (SKY 322, Freesat 303)

I've been watching the Waltons on there for months! They also have all the Waltons movies! It's brilliant!
on 3 February 2008
Brilliant to see this on uk dvd format but I wish they would release the next series and keep us in line with the american releases.
on 4 March 2011
A blast from the past and a joy to watch! I have purchased and watched seasons 1-4.
They are excellent value for money and worth every penny.

Unfortunately however, season four is the last that you can buy in the Europe Zone of DVD Category and further season editions have to be purchased from America and only come in the Zone 1 format!

As I wish to collect the entire series I have taken the risk of ordering season five from America and I hope and pray that my DVD Player will be kind to me and accept the format. If so I will happily purchase the rest!

I have read reviews of other Walton's fans and most people have expressed the same concerns. It seems that some have taken the chance like me and have been lucky! Lets hope my awaited new purchase of Season five will play for me!

I don't understand why the makers of these DVD Collections don't convert them to Zone 2 for all us that live on this part of the planet and make them available to Amazon UK and UK Market place sellers?

As a final note....The Walton's are GREAT!!!!
on 17 February 2015
DVDs from this supplier would not play hence one star. Unfortunately, the supplier would not do anything about this because i only found out after the return date had passed. Needless to say, i won't be using these suppliers again.
on 26 April 2014
I am continuing my quest to build up my collection of the Waltons! This is a series that was on television for many years every werkend and covers many years, from when the children were very young till they were parents themselves. Its like catching up with old friends!