Customer reviews

on 23 July 2017
Really good classic boxset of dvds.
on 26 March 2017
Thanks
on 9 March 2017
One of the best television shows ever!
on 13 April 2007
This is the first series with the new Aunt Vivian, the change commented on in the usual tongue-in-cheek style by Jazz, and with one of Will's brilliant looks at the camera. The series is very funny, risque in places but often over the heads of younger viewers, and the episode in which Will's dad visits had me sobbing in seconds every time I saw it. It takes talent for a programme to be just so funny, but also to be moving too, and Will Smith undoubtedly has this talent. He plays the traumatic episodes with such feeling and depth that the viewer cannot help but be drawn in. Unlike comedies like Only Fools and Horses where moments after crying you'll be roaring with laughter again, Fresh Prince will often end a programme on a serious note, without the usual bloopers during credits. Our family have thoroughly enjoyed the series to date - and watching them together has given us some special family memories of our own - and look forward to the next two releases.
The season four of Fresh Prince continued to delight where the 3rd season left off. The character developments this season reached new heights and each episode was as funny as it was entertaining. The character of Aunty Vivian was now played by a new actress, a change that left me nostalgic for the former actress who played her, but it did not detract from the overall effect of the comedy. Sadly according to online postings, the Warner brother's studio have no plans to release the rest of the season - i.e.Season 5 and season 6; for reasons not stated. May be they will change their minds at some point but I am sure that most of us are eager to see the remaining seasons on DVD. We will continue to hope. This is a great comedy, a real family treat.
on 31 October 2010
Of all the shows, I believe that "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is the one with which I can most identify with, since I have surely seen every single episode at least a dozen times - and yet it STILL never gets tired! I cannot get sick of this show, and it's making me a bit disturbed! Just what is it that makes this show so continually appealing, even around seven years since its final episode? I'm not sure...it's certainly not just one element. Every part of this show is magic: the wonderful acting from all involved; the witty (and often painfully hysterical) one-liners and banter between characters; the hip, cool atmosphere; the music...it all perfectly fits into what has to be one of the most remarkable and well-made sitcoms of the '90s.

I find myself shocked sometimes at the number of people who have totally forgotten about this show. Granted, it DID end in 1996, and obviously a lot has happened since then (most notably the skyrocketing music & film career of a certain lead star), but I mean, come on! This show is an undisputed classic! Who can forget the wild, crazy, and just plain amusing adventures we've had with Will Smith and the Banks family?

There were times when I was just addicted to this show, I remember...it was a while back when the episodes were running in syndication every evening on TBS SuperStation...I can't believe how this show can always manage to crack me up. It's incredible. I've grown to love all these characters so much, and even now, I still wouldn't pass up an opportunity to watch yet another priceless rerun.

I agree, though, that yes, a lot of the late, LATE episodes (around the second-last and final season) had their fair share of groans, and showed some glaring signs of tedium, but thankfully, the overwhelming positive qualities of the series tower over such minor flaws - including the mysterious re-casting of Aunt Vivian's role from Janet Hubert-Whitten to Daphne Maxwell Reid; the increasingly old-hat shtick of using the same stock footage whenever Jazz gets thrown out of the Banks residence for the umpteenth time; the cursed addition of a new cast member - little Nicky Banks (Ross Bagley), etc....

It's not an entirely perfect show, certainly (but then - what show is?), and it has had its fair share of ups and downs in its moderately impressive run of six years. However, when all is said and done, in the end, this show can proudly stand on its own as a pop culture treasure. It has evolved from what seemed initially to be an awkward, cheesy, quaint little '80s/'90s Cosby rip-off to a mature, slick, and fabulously written/produced/directed program. Pure gold is what this show is.

A truly underrated, and always entertaining, gem. "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is one for the age
on 1 February 2009
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has been a favorite for the whole family from way back. We haven't laughed this much in ages. My Children think the series is fantastic - we had to have them all. Better than what't on telly!

Worth every penny.

From a very happy customer.
on 28 February 2013
This is a great series, have brought the 1st 3 and watched straight away so was looking forward to getting this, didn't disappoint. Came quick and well packaged. Quality if case and DVDs are good a,l with their Owen picture and listing of contents per disk. Buy it!!!!
on 11 February 2013
I am a HUGE fan of Will Smith & ALL his work but this show is 1 of my absolute favourites & b4 this through other commitments hardly saw it but now i watch it regularly & find it funnier everytime!! I love every series of it & struggle to pick which 1 to watch!!
on 13 January 2013
One of the finest things about The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is the fact that it keeps on getting better and better as it goes on. Season 4 of the show is jam packed full of classic moments and brilliant comedy. I absolutely love this show.