Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 15 October 2007
I bought this a while ago when my Mac mini developed a problem with the hard drive (admittedly user induced). Disk utility couldn't fix it and the OS got gradually worse until it completely gave up. It wouldn't even start up or allow a complete reinstall from the original disk.

Disk warrior rectified the problem and amazingly the OS rebooted without any loss to my files or settings - a credit to Mac OSX. I find it speeds up my Macbook - it will boot up in 17 sec, however it does tend to slow if not used regularly whereas OSX just used to keep on top of things. I'll let you make up your own mind on this point.

In short if you have a problem Disk Utility can't solve, it's highly likely DW will sort it.
on 6 November 2007
I bought Disk Warrior 4 in desperation, after all my data on a 250Gb drive had become unreadable. Disk Utilities found 2 irreparable errors 1) Invalid node structure 2) Invalid b-tree structure. DW4 fixed it inside 5 minutes with no data loss.
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2009
Diskwarrior is just a great piece of software, I've used it twice (it's the kind of thing you don't need until you really do) and it's got a result both times.

Basically Diskwarrior does one thing, it repairs directory structures. The directory is the Macs internal lookup and nothing will work without it, it's important to note that unlike the other utilites, Diskwarrior does not defragment your files or directories and it doesn't do anything like partitioning - it's pretty much a one trick pony (although it now has a Disk status monitor, which is inferior to SMARTReporter which is free).

My experience is that it completely fixed my G5 iMac when some corrupt RAM caused some directory damage and it helped me get a clean build (using the 'archive and install' option) onto my sister-in-law's iMac when it failed to boot.

This should be your first call for Mac repairs (after you've used the hardware checker/ and disk utility which come on the system disks which came with the machine).

I haven't been that impressed by TechTool Pro 5 (Mac DVD) or Drive Genius II (Mac) and use iDefrag/ iPartition (from Coriolis) for defragging and partitoning.

The other resource I find useful in times of stress and panic is Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual (Leopard) which has a great troubleshooting section.

Essentially if your Mac won't boot or you're suffering from weird symptoms, this is where you start (once you've exhausted Disk Utility's limited capabilities).
on 10 November 2007
Yesterday morning I was ready to slit my wrists, when a Leopard installation went wrong and made my Tiger hard drive unbootable. DiskWarrior arrived at 8 this morning and sorted everything out in a matter of minutes. Bravo for an unbeatable bit of software - worth every penny.
on 5 January 2008
This is a truly amazing piece of software. It fixed my Mac Mini's 'invalid node structure' with no problems whatsoever. From not being able to boot up at all it fixed everything and gave me all my documents back. Although some Mac support centres may have copies of it, they would probably charge you more to fix it than this is to buy. Also very easy to use and fairly quick.
100% worth the buy.
on 24 June 2007
Just an amazing bit of software.

When apple disk utils has given up on a disk repair, Diskwarrior will come to the rescue.

Successfully repaired my trashed powerbook a couple of weeks ago.

I cannot recommend this util enough.
on 18 April 2009
I found out what a fantastic product DiskWarrior was with version 2. This product beats any other disk repair utility by a long way and version 4 has a few more features.

I have been using version 3.0.3, but recently have bought new Intel Macs with OS 10.5 which need the new version 4. Mine arrived as version 4.1.1 DVD revision 901 which was the latest and will start up all the latest Macs except the Mac Pro released March 2009.

The DVD will even boot a 800 MHz G4 iBook with 640MB RAM even though the box says at least a 867 MHz computer is required. Unlike version 3 it will not boot a slot loading G3 iMac and cannot be run from the DVD. Therefore it must be installed on older Macs.
on 17 September 2008
This program saved me from a strange error (an 'orphaned file') that no amount of tinkering with inbuilt utilities would fix, including command-line entries used as a 'single user'. I would otherwise have needed to do a lengthly reinstall, as it refused to boot at the time. Not only that, but it fixed numerous smaller errors, resulting in a faster and smoother disk to use. The program took some time to work it's magic, but it was certainly effective.

I cannot recommend this highly enough.
on 28 February 2008
My secondary hard drive disappeared from the desktop. I bought Diskwarrior but unfortunately it wasn't able to repair the faulty drive instead a message requested that I contact their support team. Once in contact with a member of the Alsoft support team we were able to work through the problem and Diskwarrior did the trick, my hard drive is back and all files are intact. Brilliant!
on 25 January 2008
Wanted to upgrade my G4 Mac to OSX10.4 from 10.3, the install disc was having none of it, major disc conflicts.
So I read the reviews on here and was a bit dubious that this would solve my problems, but within 20 mins of using Disk Warrior it had fixed 10 problems on my HD and I was able to upload and move my G4 onto 10.4
This is any easy to use product that requires little more then a couple of button pushs to get rolling, it has sorted my Mac out, I would recommend this to anyone in the same boat, its money well spent!!