on 11 April 2013
This is my first G-Shock and my favorite watch so far.

Color:
From a distance it's so dark it looks almost black,
in very bright light it's mild green,
at normal light it's that cool dark military green.

Design:
Not the largest G-Shock face, so you'll love it if you have a "programmers' wrist" like I do.
The plastic housing is tricky, it looked cheap for me on some pictures,
but in live it's all different, you can feel the quality and the whole watch looks simply awesome with this color theme.
The bumps on the back are not annoying, you won't feel them as you would think.
They won't really hold the watch off your skin, instead while you move they'll let the space ventilate,
they're there probably to help the liquid flow out when it's wet.
The strap and all the plastic parts feel smooth.
The face has a shiny glass, the negative display is sharp and easy to read.
The backlight is pretty bright, it's visible even in daylight.

Buttons:
Yes, they are hard to press, but that's the sacrifice for the toughness.
Not sure if by time they won't get a bit softer. The function cycle button already feels softer to me.
Another strange thing that it feels easier to push them when the watch is on your wrist.

Extra functions:
It has auto lights, so you can set it to lit up when you turn the watch at your face.
Alarm with flash signal,
it won't flash as cool as the one with a white face but it's still a pretty nice feature.
World time, you can set it to display another time zone.

I think I answered all the crucial questions I had before the purchase,
It's the best entry level price/function G-Shock at the moment.
Go ahead and get yours!
2 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2016
Had this a long time now & never let me down.
Mostly easy to read & very robust. Remembering the instructions about how to make changes (to alarm / date etc) is a pain & the buttons require very strong pressure to make them operate (so you wont reset it by accident but making adjustments is a pain). I still prefer analogue for duty use (cos can see it at a glance rather than having to read it ) but if we must go digital this is a good bit of kit. Not as well featured as more modern offerings but v good value, & proven reliable. Decide for yourself what's more important.
on 21 February 2013
I will be honest that I have only had the watch for about 2-weeks so far and so I can only speak about why I bought the watch, how it looks, works and feels on the wrist. Not reliability!
I bought the watch as a every day carry/wear watch after my previous watch (Luminox Navy Seal Colormark 3050 series; model 3051) failed on me within the 2-year warranty period. I am still in the process of trying to get Luminox to honour the repairs under warranty! In my experience of that particular watch is that it doesn't seem to me to be as tough as is claimed. However & back to the Casio, I have had a lot of Casio watches in the past, even before they came out with their now famous/fashionable G-Shocks, and for the money had always stood up well to knocks and even when diving. This one is the most expensive Casio I have ever bought at £55.00 GBP but I am aware it is not a lot for a tough watch today.
I normally prefer to wear analog watches, as they seem to have more character than digital, but the Casio G-Shock G-9000-3VER Mudman Watch is still great to look at with its tough, different to most, Olive Green military-style case and strap, black buttons and negative LCD display (Grey numerals on black background). I find the display very easy to read, even in low light environments before the back-light is required. When the back-light is needed, you get a perfectly good blue back-light showing the whole display and stays lit for 5 seconds. If you like you watches to look tough this watch certainly fulfills with the tough look, dust-proof case back & buttons and twin strap clasp.
The watch feels comfortable and light on the wrist, and not too big or clumbsy, even though it has a 46mm dia. o/a case size. The materials used also feel the usual good quality as normally expected with a Casio product.
This particular Mudman has plenty of features, 2 x stopwatches, countdown timer, 4 x alarms, additional world time etc to fulfill nearly everybody's button pushing & watch bleeping needs. It is also 200m water resistant and being that it is a Mudman its trump card is that it is dust-proof and even has a mineral crystal screen.
All I can say is that if you are after a tough-looking watch, don't mind the digital look and are checking out economically priced G-Shocks then you should seriously consider the Casio G-Shock G-9000-3VER Mudman model.
Lets just hope it stands up better than some other '...YOU-CALL-YOURSELF-A-TOUGH-WATCH!' we could mention.
on 22 January 2018
Like all Casio , rough look and reasonably rugged.
I wouldn't recommend this model..the buttons are so hard to press, it ruins the watch. There is a bit too much info on the dial making it hard to make out. Avoid!
on 15 May 2010
This is my second G-Shock watch, I used my previous one (from the very first G-Shock collection) hard for over 12 years until the strap fell apart. Since then I had a Rolex Daytona and some watch from Aldo, but on seeing some of the new G-shock watches I returned back to the fold.

This watch delivers everything fans of G-Shock have come to expect, ruggedness, cool design and excellent functionality.

I have now had the watch for over a year, in the past couple of months it has been seriously malfunctioning. It re sets it self back to its default setting after a couple of days and I have to punch in the dates/time etc all over again each time this happens. It will be going back to Casio to get it sorted. Looks like I was unlucky to get a dud one.
on 16 May 2012
Bought for a military person so the colour was perfect. Wasnt sure about the display colours but the owner says they love everything about it including the display. Ive seen previous comments saying the buttons are hard to press but I found them firm but fine so that you won't be able to accidentally knock them. A good watch all round and nice to look at too.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2013
Arrived 3 days earlier than expected, so no complaints there.
If your after a watch for outdoors, camping, hunting(like myself) or Forces use then this is Perfect, the Matt Olive Green colour is great, soft on the eye and not in your face like some G-Shocks. The buttons are a little stiff, but I prefer it that way as there can be no accidental adjustments and its meant to be Mudproof anyway, so its gonna be stiff so no crap can get between the actions. Its easy as 1 2 3 to set up and at £55 delivered you just can't complain . The strap has a tyre tread pattern on the inside which is cool and the auto illumination is a great idea.
I love this watch , really I do!!! :)
on 7 June 2013
its smaller than I expected - lighter weight and just less substantial than I expected - looks good on though and you forget its there which is an advantage - First watch I've worn with 2 stop watches - yet to check out functionality when combined - oh and the light is very good...
on 23 November 2011
Great watch - the features work well being exactly what I required for going to sea and being banged about a lot - buttons are quite hard to press but i assume that is to stop the ingress of water or dirt - a great watch at a good price
on 15 February 2013
I chose this watch because of it's specifications.

Since I work outdoor every month of the year, using chainsaw ect. it is a criteria for me, that the watch is designed to withstand low temperatures, water, mud and everything else that a lumberjack would come in contact with.

Only downside for me, is the price. 4/5 is good, but not perfect.

In my line of work, I can only recommend this watch.