on 7 February 2014
This piece of equipment is a joy to have in my home. It looks good and it sounds wonderful. I am glad that I made this choice. The only difficulty that I have is that it cannot control the equipment with the remote. My husband is fine, so it's probably just me.
on 2 January 2010
Aesthetically pleasing with a big sound that surprises. Smaller and cheaper sound docks do not compare in terms of the richness of the sound; which will fill a room easily. To get the best out of it, the manufacturers suggest that the iPod's EQ settings are kept to 'flat' and I would echo this. The bass produced by the Radial can be a little over-bearing at times and lacking in precision; at higher volumes I have managed to induce some slight distortion. These are minor niggles however: it provides a very rewarding sound at the volumes that most people will listen to it.

Regarding the connector: a range of docking adapters is included and their use will help allay any concerns about the strength of the connector. Unfortunately, an adaptor to fit the latest generation of iPod Nano (2009) was not included: the one supplied with the Nano itself fitted perfectly and holds the Nano very securely.

For music lovers the Radial is definitely a worthwhile investment. It may cost as much as the iPod itself but it neatly turns your iPod into a high-quality home audio device that you will not tire of showing off to your friends!
on 3 August 2011
This dock for Ipod works since the first ipod nano (1st generation) and also in Ipod nano 5th generation. The speaker is absolutely spectacular, the remote control is very easy to use, and the design is very cool.

Box contain:
This JBL has got a European plug and British plug.
Cable mini-jack 3.5 mm for Computer or whatever.
Cable USB.
Remote control.

As far I'm concerned I absolutely recommend you this dock.
on 3 January 2011
I listened to these speakers at a friend's house months before I even thought about getting an iPod and thought they were great then. After a little research when the time came, I decided to get them for myself and am so glad I did. Great sound, great looks (I got the white ones). Also great for listening to the radio - sound effects in radio drama have never been so good. I would recommend these speakers. My only slight quibble is that the jump between sound levels when using the remote is a little too big, but it doesn't spoil the pleasure of listening.
on 22 July 2009
I bought this as an upgrade to my existing ipod docing system which was an imtempo 30w doc. I payed £68 for this two years ago which I though was good for the money (as regards sound etc)
The JBL system is a good looking unit with a fantastic rich base sound BUT I was not blown away with it as I thought I would be, the Imtempo doc still held its own against it. The connection for the ipod is rubbish and very flimsy so a word of warning it would be very easy to snap it so you'll have to be very careful. The remote is ok and does work you can work the ipod and the speaker system from it so you don't have to touch the ipod its self. Could only give 4 stars for a £139 I thought it would be better, but still the sound is what I bought it for and in that department you will not be disappointed.
on 26 November 2008
I bought this item several months ago and havent been disappointed. I considered a Bose but didnt want to spent too much. This doesnt only look good but sounds great too. I've used it for several BBQ's and dispite a noisy crowd it performed well. The range of sound for the variety of music I listen to is superb. Nice and crisp with vocals then a nice thud with the base for the dance tunes.

I also plug my laptop into this and let it power the sound from that, again its superb.

A couple of bad points - If your going to change the leads then make sure you switch it off at the mains and not the back of the product or your going to get blue sparks and a little zap ! The second thing is that the remote control, although stylish it is hit and miss. Sometimes you have to press the button a few times to get it to work.

All in all though im glad I bought this and not a Bose. Two of my friends who are a little more wealthy bought the Bose and stated there isnt much difference. Id have to agree.
on 16 January 2009
I was given the black version of this JBL Radial for Christmas and it's absolutely superb. I wanted to listen to my iPod in my bedroom instead of having a clock radio / cd player and have something to use as an alarm clock and this is the perfect solution. Because the iPod has it's own alarm clock you can just set the alarm on the iPod, dock it in the jbl speaker and away you go.

The sound quality is excellent, the bass is especially good for a speaker so small. You can also crank it up quite loud without distorting the music. Aesthetically it is far more elegant having the jbl radial than a clock radio (with USB cable to the iPod) or having a bulky hi-fi in a small bedroom. I would thoroughly recommend this product to the accessory loving iPod owner. I have also found it useful as a portable speaker for my laptop when I use it to watch movies or listen to music.

Overall this product is well worth the price and is thoroughly recommended by me.
on 29 May 2010
I bought this for my partner for his birthday and he loves it! It looks stylish and sounds amazing. I am no expert, so cannot comment on anything more technical than this, but I had read the reviews on Amazon and felt it must be a good purchase as a result. I was right! I am also impressed that I can plug in my mobile phone MP3 and that sounds great too.
on 7 April 2010
I wanted an ipod dock for my (rather old) 5th gen 60gb ipod I had been using a FM transmitter but hadnt been that satisfied with the sound out of a radio.This blew me away as soon as i connected it to my ipod my music came alive ,the sound quality is brilliant,it really is a pleasure listening to my music now I would definately recommend this.
on 22 January 2010
I received my JBL Radial White a few days ago and I'm loving it! the sound quality is amazing for something so small, a lovely rich full sound. The radial looks great sitting on our mantelpiece as well, very cool. I feel as though I'm getting a lot more use out of my ipod now too. I would definately recomend anyone looking for a ipod dock/speaker system to go for this one. It charges my 160gb classic ipod really quickly too.