on 13 September 2015
Campingaz Power Box 361.  After taking it on holiday to France, I have to say how disappointed  I am with it.  Whilst it performed as expected, reaching down to 5c, its adverse side effects far out way its benefits.
I purchased the unit following recommendation from my son, who has a much older model and the glowing comments seen on
the internet.  My unit had an extremely noisy fan to the point of distraction, which has to be turned off at night.  Also the cooling system generates around ½ a large mug of water that needs to be emptied daily.
We found that we were unable to store any items in the box that had a porous type wrapping, only glass, plastic or tin, otherwise the wrapping turned to mush by the water it generated, sloshing about in the bottom.
I accept that the booklet provided with the box mentions the water but at this point it is too late as the box had already been purchased when the booklet was read.  Certainty the quantity of water was not mentioned.  The booklet does not mention however the noise. Even in the car the fan is heard over the road noise as well as the car radio.
My son's older Power Box is by far much quieter and is supplied with a plastic bottom grid to lift items off the bottom and out of what little water it generates.  We had both boxes side by side to compare, his producing just a table spoon of liquid for the same time period and quiet enough to be left on overnight.
I have had over the years Campingaz products including recently the large blue cool bag with the Velcro top flap that has proved most useful and efficient.  This being another reason for purchasing the box, together with the Campingaz name and reputation. Unfortunately on this occasion I am completely dissatisfied.
 After emailing Campingaz and accepting their advice, I have now returned the box to Amazon and waiting for a refund. I am also concerned regarding the glowing feedback this box has with Amazon and the validity of these comments. Clearly they cannot be discussing the same model as I purchased.  Had I read the comments for the 1 and 2 stars, I most certainly would not have purchased but with the glowing comments and seeing my son's older box I was happy to purchase.
on 20 June 2015
This is a really good product and very competitive with other similar types. Lots of space, managed to get a 6 pint of milk, tub of margarine, coleslaw, sandwich fillings, chocolate biscuits, baps, you get the picture, you get lots in. It all stayed cool. Plugged it into the cigarette lighter in the car for the journey and the it was plugged in via electric hook-up. You can hear it but its not excessive. Only gripe is you have to purchase the transformer if you want to be able to plug into a plug socket, I felt this should have been included.
on 26 March 2014
When our 10 year old Halfords Cool Box fell apart (the hinges sheared on it - rendering it useless), we spent some time looking for another - before investing in this one.

With the exception of being a bit of a fiddle to fit the lid, this is a superb product, cooling much faster and more efficiently than our Halfords one. It is also quieter which is a bonus, especially as the motor and fan are mounted in the lid.

The Campingaz is a very useful shape and size - being compact, but tall, so voluminous enough to stand a 2L water bottle upright. We also have a 12V transformer (from the old Halfords box) which we use if we are in a hotel over night, or to pre-cool the box before taking it with us. It is efficient enough to use short term as a temporary supplementary fridge or bottle cooler when entertaining for instance.

A very good purchase - one star deducted for fiddling to fit the lid.
on 22 July 2017
This cooler has stuccomed to our full use taken away on more than 15 camping trips around 20picnics even great little assistance for bbq bits. Taken this baby on holidays beaches ect only just gave out on us happy campers would purchase again if the price was right
on 4 August 2011
This is a great cooler it worked well and kept all my items cool but obviously you will be better cooling your items in your ordinary fridge first as this cooler is not intended to chill items when warm.

Before you use this you must make sure you chill this cooler using the transformer (which you must buy seperatly) before putting any items in the cooler this makes sure that the cooler will work properly.

All in all a great product and i will be using again and again.
on 18 March 2017
Very noisy. Produces loads of water inside container, so anything not in watertight container is ruined. Only redeeming feature is it can cool things without needing ice blocks.
on 31 August 2013
This works well. I used it to carry dairy samples on a very hot July day and it coped well.
on 25 October 2010
Purchase this item along with the adaptor for a camping holiday. Kept everything cold. Very pleased with the purchase.
on 16 January 2011
We drove down to Spain last September and this coolbox was worth it's weight in gold. We also put it to use as an extra fridge over christmas which proved a real boon.
on 10 August 2009
Excellent purchase, i was really impressed with this cooler box. If you are looking for a 12v cooler then this is the one! hardly uses any power and keeps the food and beers well chilled.