Customer reviews

Price:£2.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 20 February 2015
Dura Lead is fantastic, a "big boys" lead pencil that doesn't need constant resharpenings or those annoying injector lead pens that constantly snap as soon as you apply pressure to it and they usually don't come in different coloured leads either - sure you can get colouring pencils but they're usually waxy and unfit for purpose generally.

This shouldn't turn into a review for the actual Dura Lead pencil though because that is a separate product which you should totally check out because it's really damn good, even for things unrelated to DIY marking and planning, such as artwork.

Dura Lead lasts for a very, very long time. I've not gotten through the lead that came inside the original pencil yet - and this refill comes with a jar filled with five extra. The price is great for the value and long term use you are going to get out of them.

Very impressed with this product, and I wish I'd found the Dura Lead pencil a lot sooner than I did.
on 3 June 2013
good idea, but is too hard and pale and doesn't show up well enough when marking out, even on light woods
on 31 October 2013
might take a while to get used to the feel of this over the normal carpenters pencil, and it sure beats the hell out of trying to sharpen the old pencils, even with the special sharpener for them
on 7 November 2016
I was a little skeptical at first as I've used carpenters pencils for marking throughout my life but my fears were laid to rest once I had used these. They can easily be sharpened and once a gradation is reached a simple rub over some sandpaper and you're ready to go again, no messing around with knives or sharpeners. Light yet strong that marks a fine line, depending on how sharp you make it. Ideal for everyday use with a good lifespan with no need for sharpeners.
When I bought the pencil I did so on a whim and was not really convinced. However, after doing a bathroom renovation, re-tiling it, I found that I turned to the Striker pencil pretty much all the time. You have to use this specific lead as it is formed to suit the detente in the plastic pencil. I don't mind that because it's not expensive and seems to last a long time.

Overall, I just like the Striker for general building and carpentry work.
on 4 May 2016
The lead does not grip into the body as good as it should. I will be back to timber pencils. Delivery was good.
on 3 May 2015
This product is okay i would not recomend it though due to the lead breaking all the time and it is quite a task to try and sharpen i would just go for a regulare wooden carpenters pencil!!
on 22 October 2015
leads fine but body is not that good
on 8 June 2016
Nice level of graphite and shape, marks wood, concrete and upvc that I've tested, though some veneers may defeat ingrain of this particular marking choice.
review image
on 4 August 2016
Replacement Striker Dura Lead, simply pressed lead to fit the Dura Lead pencil. No sharpening required, just press and shape the lead to a point.