Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 19 November 2006
Having previously owned a sanyo dvd recorder I could not help noticing that some of the worst features of the Sanyo has been taken over by Philips. The machine so far has been ok although I am not happy with the fact that it does not give you an option regarding initializing discs which will mean that in time it will not instantly recognise an already recorded disc and go straight into initialising thereby erasing a dvd.

Like the Sanyo this machine will not allow you to record on any disc that has already been recorded on another machine. The disc menu only shows three titles at a time, again just like Sanyo, but the most annoying feature shared with the Sanyo is the lack of any display in the video mode as to how much recording time is left on a tape,A feature that was standard on the later VCR machines.There was one feature that surprised me and that was the fact that it was not possible to pause recording in dubbing mode, but then i discovered by trial and error that the append disc feature works in the dubbing mode on this machine, which at last is a plus NOT Like the Sanyo.
on 27 March 2013
I purchased this recorder to copy my old VHS tapes onto DVDs. I will also now be able to record TV programmes. It is easy to operate. There was no manual but I was able to download a copy from the Philips web site (74 pages!). The recorder had been refurbished and apart from a few superficial scratches it appears to be in good order. Delivery was quick and had been well packaged for courier delivery. I would buy from this company again.
on 14 April 2013
In good order as described and did the job very well despite my worries that about my unfinalised family videos