on 10 April 2017
Fast service from this company. CD as new, and a good selection of music from this very special singer
on 20 November 2016
V happy
on 26 April 2017
Good
on 8 December 2015
some good tracks but others quite jarring and not exactly easy listening
on 29 October 2015
Cracking CD
on 7 July 2006
Guys, gals, you have GOT to get this CD, I have always liked Nina, she has such a sultry voice, it makes you want to curl up on a bed with black silk sheets, drink champagne and eat strawberries whilst you listen to this magical artist belt out all her amazing songs.

This CD contains most of Ms Simone's best music from over the years, and you are treated to such musical wonders as "Feeling Good", the funky and toe tapping "My Baby Just Cares For Me" and the thought provoking "To Be Young Gifted and Black."

I only wish the CD included the troubled and haunting melody "Strange Fruit", in this throatily sung song Nina told the world in allegory about the lynching of Black men, and who can forget those heartfelt lyrics as she cries out to a seemingly uncaring nation, "Strange fruit hangin' from the poplar trees..."

Quite simply the best, like Nina herself.

1. Ain't Got No... I Got Life

13. Since I Fell For You

14. Nobody's Fault But Mine

15. I Think It's Going To Rain Today

16. Sinnerman

17. Times They Are A Changin'

18. Mr Bojangles

19. Here Comes The Sun

20. To Love Somebody
11 Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2016
The CD arrived promptly but the quality is very poor. Many of the tracks jump and others are just noise. Very disappointing for a classic CD.
on 21 May 2006
I bought mainly because it had Sinnerman on it from Life on Mars but just about every track is a classic that seems to have been covered by lots of other singers although none are a patch on these. Its hard to single out any particular songs but the first 4 tracks/Sinnerman and Mr Bojangles are just amazing - perfect chill out music for a bbq or while having a romantic meal!
on 2 June 2006
I originally bought this album for 'Sinnerman' from the Thomas Crown affair soundtrack but was soon listening to the rest of it too. The first four tracks are fantastic, as are Mr. Bojangles and Sinnerman but all the tracks on this album are great. Truly a fantastic album, one of the best I've bought for a long time. Well worth the money.
This is a great album to start if you're new to Nina Simone. It provides a good selection of her music and shows how eclectic she could be. Her voice is amazingly smooth and will give you goosebumps. Perfect for late at night and those times when you want to kick back and chill out. There are some tracks missing which I'd say were essential Nina, but for a first dip into her music you could do a lot worse than this fine collection.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.