Size: 750 g|Change
Price:£18.99 - £61.39

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 April 2014
Let's face it; this is the only generally-available instant coffee that doesn't taste like pants.
I've tried others - usually unwillingly - but apart from the odd short-life special blend (usually freeze-dried by the same company) I've always felt like I've drunk a ditch.

My mother, famously, made the worst coffee in the world, using Mellow B(custard) though sometimes Max Houseroom and always with a bizarre combination of milk and ersatz coffee-creamer, hand whisked and ladled from container to container and re-whisked or stirred at different stages of the complex operation like a perverse alchemical work of great significance. it tasted awful, scarred me for life and it drove me to finding the perfect coffee which is why I now have a kitchen full of mocha pots, caffetieres, espresso machines, filters and percolators. I use them all, but my standard, hassle-free fallback is Gold Blend.

I miss you, mom. I don't miss your coffee.

Sometimes instant hits the spot better than "real" coffee - it's a mood thing.
This stuff tasted great from a thermos. I normally knock up a litre and stick it under my desk and chug it between coffee breaks.

Essential.

Oh - my father has a Gold Blend jar, from which he makes "coffee." I have no idea what's in it - he claims it's GB - but it too tastes like pants. Maybe there's a 50 Kilo container of some_thing_ my mother bought lurking in the cellar that he's decanting into it ? He doesn't whisk, stir and froth, though.
Buying coffee in Guernsey is like buying gold dust. We love Nescafe, but to get it in the stores, you need to take a deep breath before you look at the price on the jar! Thank goodness we can order it in bulk from Amazon. We have saved a fortune and we can all enjoy lots of coffee. Problem solved!
on 5 April 2011
I really think that this is the finest instant coffee around. I must have tried dozens and dozens from all around the world and I can honestly say THIS is the best.
on 11 December 2013
Good value way to buy if you get through a lot of coffee. Usual Nescafe quality, keeps will in the tin.
Nescafe Gold Blend is a bit smoother than the original quick soluble coffee granules, so it is just a bit more expensive. Buying it in bulk like this is great for the office.

If you just need a quick caffeine hit then regular coffee does the job.

You need to provide your own; kettle to boil the mug of water, milk and sugar to add to your taste, and a tea spoon to scoop out a bit of coffee.

1. Put as much water as you need in the kettle, and boil. Put some extra in, just incase somebody else comes along for a drink too.
2. Whilst the kettle is boiling prepare the mugs.
3. Add a teaspoon of coffee to each mug, and maybe any sugar requirements too, but please note that sugar is harmful in large quantities so please stick to the daily recommended amount, or below!
4. Once the water has boiled, pour into the mugs. You might want to leave some room for any milk.
5. Stir.
6. Add any milk.
7. Stir again.
8. Wait until the coffee has cooled a bit, unless the milk has done this for you.
9. Drink.
10. Now you can work harder. Why do you think your boss provides you free coffee?
on 13 September 2013
I bought this as I thought it was good value for money, it was! It's bigger than the usual 750g jar you get so well worth it
Years ago a well known american wholesale store used to sell the 1kg but now only sell the 750g, therefore at this price the 1kg is priceless, I am a very heavy coffee drinker and I only like this product as it has the best intense flavour than all the others, great buy.
on 19 September 2011
This coffee is simply amazing. I drink it almost every day and it never ceases to satisfy me. It is the only coffee I will consume. I recommend this coffee to any coffee-drinkers.
on 19 February 2014
Goods as expected but for this Quantity I think I have paid much more than Local Supermarkets but of course it would mean my
having to take this amount say buying Three or four Jars and my having to go and collect it myself. so that's the Diff but still would like the price to come down by some 4 to 5 £s Then it would be a good deal to Write about and Would Also Stimulate ones Thinking
order more than just one anyway Thank you very much D. Knight.
on 13 January 2015
I really like the rich but smooth taste. If travelling for business, I always have Nescafe Gold in my luggage as you never know what kind of coffee you get in hotels (I had some terrible experiences despite 4* accommodation).