Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

2,312

on 21 May 2008
I wanted a slim watch that didn't weigh very much, so I could wear it comfortably all day, while typing at a keyboard. This model is perfect; a mere 18g and 7mm thick. The face itself is 30mm round, and the strap 18mm wide. Even so, it doesn't look too small on my wrist - and I'm 6'4"

Most other analogues have too much bling, are up to 15mm thick and can weigh up to 100g or more (which would be like having a bag of sugar on the end of your arm!) Digital watches are covered with multi-coloured lettering, and have dozens of functions and buttons you'll never need; I'm not going diving, pot-holing, trekking or mountain climbing any time soon. The cheapest "retro" digitals look exactly that; cheap.

By contrast, this watch couldn't be simpler; white background, black numbers and dials. Accurate to within 20s a month. The battery life's a little disappointing at only two years, though.

At this price, you can afford to have a fancy watch for "best" as well.
1010 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2007
I have had a watch like this since 1985. The first one lasted 3 years on one battery. It is such a simple and elegant design, yet easy to read. I now have the third one, because I wanted Casio to replace a broken strap, but they send me a new one instead - free of charge! A great "timeless" design, simply stylish and functional. Just as nice for women!
88 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2007
I've had one of these for years. It's functional and it looks good. It takes minutes to fit a new battery and they last. I always keep one as a spare. If you're concerned about your carbon footprint you might worry that it is cheaper to buy a new one - at this price - than to replace the strap when it eventually wears out.
55 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 17 April 2016
I am a big watch lover. Over the years, I've been lucky enough to collect a handful of beautiful swiss-made timepieces. I've now started to buy and review some of the most popular, most affordable (under £20) watches on Amazon.

I'd like to share with you my personal thoughts on the 'Casio Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap MQ24/7B'.

DELIVERY
Good. The watch was delivered within a week.

PACKAGING
Good. The box and its content arrived in perfect condition.

CONTENT
The following items were included in the box: the watch and a couple of small leaflets. Please note that the face and the back of the watch both come with a removable protective plastic layer.

DESIGN
If, just like me, you are used to substantial watches, you will find the watch very very light and thin. The case measures roughly 1.2 inches / 3 centimers, and you will find only one actionable button on the right handside. The watch looks extermely small, so I wouldn't recommend it for people with larger wrists.

The strap is made of plastic: it's both very thin and surprisingly comfortable, even after a long day.

Once again, Casio demonstrates how experienced the company is to produce high volumes of very well-made, well-priced entry-level watches.

FEATURES
- time (that's pretty much it)
- water resistance (10m)
- manufacturer warranty (2 years)

CONCLUSION
This is a very good buy for anyone with very small wrists looking for a well-buit, durable and simple watch with one purpose only: telling the time. My wife, who doesn't wear a watch, tried it and found it very cute. Personally, I have rather small wrists and it looked far too small on me for my liking. I ended up offering it to my godson who is wearing it all the time, even during his swimming lessons. :-)

-I hope you will find my review and my photo coverage helpful-

TIP
- keep a close look on the pricing which can vary quite a bit: I bought this Casio watch for £5.72 (on Amazon Prime), today it's available for £6.95
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 1 October 2008
I'm on my second one of these watches, the strap on the first one went after a few years so I just bought another watch.
This is a real classic, I love it - so simple and easy to read - it's the only watch you'll ever need.
on 25 August 2009
If all you need is the right time at the right price you could hardly do better than this elegant watch. Tremendous value. And it's no heartache if you lose it. Just buy another.
review image
on 19 February 2009
My previous watch was a £400+ Raymond Weil watch which I could not take a shower with. I swim with this watch and play squash wearing it, with no fear of damage, and yes, it does keep accurate time. I have since bought another for my son.
on 19 September 2008
The Casio MQ 24 is one of the best products ever. It keeps better time than any other watch I've ever owned and looks brilliant. For simplicity, good looks, lightness, functional perfection and low price it cannot be equalled. The strap lasts about two years until it goes, but can easily be replaced. I've been buying them for the last fifteen years and hope Casio keep making them forever.Casio MQ-24-7BLL Mens Analogue Resin Strap watch
on 21 October 2007
I've had one of these for ages. I bought it for leisure sailing, thinking that if it (or I) went overboard, no big deal (on the 'broken watch' front). I can fit a new battery (from boots) myself with a swiss army knife, and I still have it and still wear it when I need a watch but the risk is too high to use a 'quality' watch.

When I bought mine it was a 'tenner' from a high-street shop. Well worth the price now.
on 29 May 2008
Wanted very cheap, simple, clear, reliable, lightweight analogue watch for use when gardening, doing DIY, anything mucky. This little watch ticks all those boxes brilliantly. Nothing much more to say really - except that, I do very occasionally find myself looking for the date that I have on other watches & I suppose if I were being really picky, the inclusion of a simple date number would make it perfect.