on 18 August 2011
This is the second Timex Ironman Trathlon watch I've used, and the previous one lasted me for about 4 years before I lost it in between movings.

It is a great, lightweight watch, with big numbers and is easy to use. It has 3 time zones, 3 alarms (loud enough to hear from a few rooms away when you are not wearing it) and "ocassion reminders"; this last is a feeble attempt at an appointment alarm, it would be useful if not for the pain it takes to introduce a event.

The strap is rubber, and keeps itself in position without getting in the way when exercising (be it swimming, running or lifting weights), however, when it breaks (all rubber bands will break one day), the shape of the junction (of the band with the watch, that is) will make it impossible to replace it with a standard band, you'll have to get an original one, or use a different way to attach it to your body.

The price on Amazon.co.uk is a steal when compared with brick and mortar stores, at least on BCN, where I live. I just waited for a few more items to put on my shopping cart so I could get free shipping.

I now have (again) a watch that can stand sweat, a few hits, the pool and the sea. I don't fear using it when exercising.
on 17 May 2009
This is the third Timex Ironman I've purchased in about 10yrs. Both previous watches were replaced because the strap broke - I'm hoping for better with this one. In terms of the watch itself I find it comfortable to wear, generally robust (I use it for sport regularly) and easy to read. It is easy to set the time and other displays and has avoided trying to put too much functionality into any one button. The backlit function works well. In fact, it is difficult to fault this watch and I feel it offers excellent value for money.
on 23 March 2009
This is my first watch bought specifically for running, and it has perfectly met my needs.
I've had it about a month, and the 'Flix' system is very useful and easy to switch on and off. The display is clear, and lap features easy to use.
The only thing you may wish to consider is the 30 lap limit- I'm about to run the Paris Marathon, and as the markers will be 42km, it can't accomodate them all- but this is a minor point.
Excellent purchase, good value, delivered 2 days earlier than estimate with super saver.
on 4 June 2010
I've used Ironman watches for years, but I needed a replacement when my last one expired (in a swimming pool, annoyingly). This new model is similar to its predecessor but fixes the annoying problem that my wrist or the back of my hand would sometimes push the buttons, for example while cycling. It's also easier to read, though I keep thinking the annoying Ironman brand on the watch face is a squashed bug or something else stuck to it. (I wish the logo were on the same plane as the numbers so my eyes wouldn't have to shift focus from the distracting logo, but there are other things in life I worry about more.)

The user interface is reasonable for what the watch does. Another improvement over earlier Ironmans is the display of + and - next to the appropriate buttons for increasing or decreasing the display numbers.

The watch band is secure and comfortable. My only objection is that the proprietary band attachment mechanism no doubt means when the band breaks, I suspect have to pay half the cost of the entire watch for some replacement. My biggest gripe is the price. The watch is fine but not bursting with innovation, so don't be afraid to spring for last year's model instead if you can find it for less.
on 18 May 2011
I've been ordering and returning Casio G-Shocks like there's no tomorrow, due to the fact that I could not find a G-Shock that was light/comfortable enough.

With this Timex, I'm not saying that I necessarily use all the features on it, but I find it extremely light and comfortable, importantly not too bulky, and the display is very clear (although becomes unreadable if you tilt your wrist away from you slightly). The blue backlight is nice, but could have been a bit brighter (maybe white backlight would have been better). Overall very pleased, and it's become my daily watch of choice. I can thoroughly recommend this, and if you're not fussy about colour, go for the blue one, it's even cheaper!
on 18 April 2013
This watch has a great feature - the repeating countdown timer. Every April I have to lightly prune a lot of olive trees and to help me keep moving on I just set the timer to 15mins. It beeps, I push the nice big button, move on to the next tree, and 15mins later it beeps and so on. Brilliant!
My wrists are small (185mm) but the strap is curved backwards from the body of the watch so it sits nicely on the wrist without being cumbersome.
The Indiglo feature makes the digits light up, so it is not really a backlight; I prefer it to the older style.
My only niggle is the ironman logo on the dial. I wish I could clean it off as it is distracting on an otherwise superb work watch.
on 2 May 2013
Wanted a watch to use in the pool that I could count laps on,looked around does ages until I found this one,counts up to 99 laps and records the last 30. Great for training for a tri. If your on a budget this is for you
on 8 October 2014
I purchased this for my partner as this is the only watch he likes to use on a daily basis. He goes swimming quite a lot so times his laps. The only problem I can see is the strap as this is about the fourth one and each time it brakes on the fastener.
on 6 October 2013
As previous reviewers have mentioned the straps have been then the weakest part of the watch.my last model the Velcro just ran out of "velcroness" in other words I had to keep trimming the length to get the Velcro surfaces to bond, In the end it was easier to buy a new watch, this one has a standard strap.
It would be good if you could buy a new strap when it fails rather than have to buy a new watch !
Other than that criticism I love the watch.
on 6 December 2011
I think this watch was a great purchase. I have had many sports watches but nothing like this one. This is well worth the money and I wud buy another any day