Until recently I've been using some cheap 1/4" to 3/8" conversion screws. Yes they do the job, however sometimes they can be very hard to get off without harming the thread. At least with the MN-088LBP has a grooved rim; with the use of a mole grip, it comes off no problem and of course no damage either.

For such a small part it does seem very expensive, however for me it's an essential product I need for my ball-head and would rather pay that bit more for extra quality.

Would recommend.

[EDIT: March 2015]

I now have a three of these. Simply fantastic.
44 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2017
A well made albeit an expensive bit of kit. I t was purchased for a project I was doing and it was perfect for the task. I have a lot of Manfrotto tripods and accessories and I am willing to pay a little extra to get a high quality product that is designed to last.
VINE VOICEon 29 June 2017
great product - does what it says on the tin - the best of the various options i have seen and works so nicely you forget it's there.
on 19 April 2017
Unlike cheaper smaller tripod bush adapters this can be properly tightened. Works very well permanently mounted on my M2
on 16 June 2017
great thread converter and did the job well of converting my tripod's screw to a larger size
on 15 May 2017
I bought this because my Vanguard Monopod had a 1/4" thread and my Manfrotto Head had a 3/8" thread. It served its purpose. But now I cannot open it. Tried everything from hands to range nothing seems to work. So I am stuck with it!!! Trying too hard might harm the Monopod itself :( very bad experience!!!
on 16 April 2016
Well made adapter to connect my Berlebach tripod to a Manfrotto head. Exactly what I needed. Cheaper ones are available but
wanted something of quality. Works a treat.
on 10 March 2017
Fits properly, no movements = happy days...
on 27 June 2017