on 13 February 2013
Fed up with grinding my fingertips off, so opted for this compact acrylic grinder rather than an open grater-style one. On my first testing of it, holding it my in left hand and operating it with my right, I spun the handle round, and was dismayed to feel no resistance at all - I expected to have to exert a tiny bit of effort at least, after all nutmegs are quite hard little things.
But I was delighted, when I put it down, to find my left palm full of grated nutmeg. Excellent! I'd recommend this to anyone!
on 31 December 2017
Bought for its style, not sure how good it is at actually grinding nutmegs. The one I put in it just collapsed as I tried to grind it, leaving nothing for the blade to mill against. Will get some more nutmegs and give it another go!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 September 2011
This is the third one of these I have had over the past 10 years. So much better than grating your fingers on the conventional nutmeg grater. The only thing is that eventually (and don't drop it!) the plastic bits that "screw" the lid down break as they are under quite a bit of pressure holding down the nutmeg. It would be fantastic if they made this in stainless steel - would obviously cost considerably more but would last a lifetime (probably not very economical from the manufacturer's point of view though!).
on 2 January 2017
My second one - dropped the first and broke it. So much easier than destroying your fingers on a grater, and dropping chunks of nutmeg into your food!
on 28 February 2015
This is the third nutmeg grinder I've bought, all in the same design. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I was given one of my own for a birthday present after years of struggling with a minuscule grater that I'd invariably skin a knuckle with.

The difference is incredible. the handle turns easily to produce freshly grated nutmeg and the whole item washes without difficulty!

I'm totally converted and am now buying nutmeg graters for friends without! Treat yourself!
on 17 March 2016
It grinds nutmeg very well, but it cannot take too large nuts. I am a bit worried about the bayonet thread in the cap, it seems a bit weak for the forces involved.
on 11 March 2018
It arived promptly but not well packaged. Does the job but is a little flimsy and not as substantial as I would have liked or epected.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 December 2013
Waste of money to be honest.. Didn't even manage to grate 1 nutmeg without it coming apart umpteen times and not able to grind the nutmeg anyway after a few times of coming apart.. Much rather stick with the grater.!
on 27 October 2013
took me a while to get to grips with it as no instructions so filled to top so none of them turned, then realised only one nutmeg at a time, technique is to change direction a few times when milling. at the end of first nutmeg and seems to still be working
on 6 June 2014
I ordered this to replace a Cole and Mason one that had worked very well for many years, but this one is made from much thinner acrylic and the mechanism seems flimsy in comparison. It works fine for now, it's just I don't have much confidence it'll last long.