Customer reviews

Konig Assorted Computer Screw Set
Price:£8.95+ Free shipping

on 23 March 2010
I have bought this selection of screws as i am looking to build my own home PC(s) sometime in the future. I dont think i can beat Mr Poppitt's review above in technical detail, so i will just say that i am very pleased with the selection of screws, and probably a lifetime supply for the home user. i was also pleased with the small(just smaller that a PC- CD game case)clear box the screws came in, sturdy and easy to store if space is restricted/at a minimum. Quick update, FYI you dont get any of the long front case fan screws with this pack.
on 14 July 2009
A very comprehensive set of screws, jumper shunts, washers, and motherboard spacers for upgrading or maintaining a desktop computer.

I wanted to install an additional hard disk, but the ones sold on Amazon (and elsewhere) are mostly "OEM" versions, which come with no fixing screws for attaching them to the computer's expansion bay, and with no hardware jumpers for the on-disk electronics.

This extremely comprehensive set of screws includes all you'd need for upgrading a half dozen computers! 120 pieces in all, including half a dozen different types of screw: including replacement case screws (for the ones I've lost over the years!), as well as hard drive screws. And a number of standard size jumpers (2.54mm) (a.k.a. "mini jumper shunts") for setting the master/slave/single options on the new hard disk.

I won't be building a new computer anytime soon! But it even includes the plastic spacers for fixing in place a new motherboard, if you were thinking of getting a replacement.

Plus a very handy - and quite small - plastic box to store all the pieces in. If I'd had this 5 years ago, I wouldn't have been losing small parts year-by-year!

And it cost only slightly more than it would have cost me to buy a bag of one-sized screws, which wouldn't have given me any options if I'd accidentally chosen the wrong size. The bonus with this Psylins set is that the various sizes of screws cover pretty much any situation you'd ordinarily come across in working on a desktop computer in a tower case.

Addendum (28-7-2009): It's essential to store this item in a completely dry environment. After a few days in my garage (apparantly not the ideal storage place!) some of the screws began to rust, due to the unseasonably damp conditions.
on 16 June 2012
The set is of good quality and contains all the screws you would need for routine upgrading of PCs and when moving boards from one case to another. However, the set itself at just under six pounds is too expensive for what you get. As I often buy these items individually wholesale I'd price the complete set including case at 74p retail at the most. That puts the set in "pound-land" territory.

The pieces in the kit are undoubtedly good quality and for that I would accept a price of £3 including delivery ("pound-land" are not known for quality), but trying to kid us the price was originally over £7 with a discount to just under £6 is crude and obvious.
on 20 February 2011
Brilliant! Ordered them and had them within two days, I have brought from this company before and they were as quick then!

The screws are also brilliant, I searched for a while on the internet before I found a box like this and they are cheap to, there are also plenty to last me years and a wide variety too!!
VINE VOICEon 14 August 2011
Not wanting to give away any personal information, but I do tend to get through a lot of screws. Building, adding hard discs, modifying and repairing PC's etc just seems to make them disappear, no matter how much you hoard everything you find. You normally get a set of screws when you buy a PC case, but somehow they seem to disappear as systems get that extra something, you bin the contents of a case as obsolete, but the case is still useful, or a friend wonders if you have a widget shaped like so and so.

This screw selection seems to be like a good and larger version of the screws you get when you buy a case, plus a useful set of screws for using on peripherals, mother board spacers. There were 5 sets of different sized screws for peripherals etc, one set of the brass motherboard to case screws with washers, and a set of plastic plug things for fitting mother boards to a case. Oh I nearly forgot, there were 5 jumper thingy's for setting settings on the pins of mother boards, those things that you always drop in the carpet and can never find again.

All in all a good box of screws for building, repairing and modifying PC's and similar, in a well presented plastic case, with everything actually in compartments, and sorted when it arrives!
on 17 April 2012
A good selection of screws e.t.c. but for the price i expected more screws than there was the one particular screw i wanted was not in the box
(cheesehead)they are used to slide cd dvd drives into the slots.Yours Mr B Burnett.
on 13 March 2011
I always find I am missing screws and other bits when adding disk drives etc, this pack seems to contain all the small fittings you need at a keen price with quick delivery.
on 26 February 2013
Having decided to replace my motherboard, I wanted to ensure I had spare screws. This set provides a good range. It contains both metric (3 mm) and imperial (UTS 6-32) screws. There are short spacers, plastic studs, fibre washers and jumpers. There is a wider range of UTS screws than 3 mm ones. The small black jumpers are easily lost, so it is useful to have replacements.
I had to use far fewer new screws than I expected. However, it is useful to have spares in case I need them in the future.
on 5 March 2012
has all the screws for at least three builds and all of the screws are very good quality, packaging is good as well

only thing that was kind of unessential was the floppy disc screws as they are practically not used any more. so in my opinion they could have added more useful screws.

so overall I recommend buying this product if you are a computer builder like me or need some screws for an upgrade
on 27 June 2011
I bought this set to upgrade a hard disk on an old PC. As it happens I didn't need any of the screws for this upgrade but the kit is very comprehensive and has all I need for any future upgrades. Delivery was good, the kit was as described, good price and great value so 5 stars. I would reccommend it to anyone doing minor upgrades to PCs and finds that supplied components don't come with the screws required.