TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 January 2017
I hate long usb cables usually but sometimes they are a necessary evil/ There is a dead wifi spot in the most comfortable seat in the house so the wifi dongle connected to the end of this enables me to use my laptop in complete comfort and the length does not compromise the signal strength due to the thickness of construction.
on 16 November 2010
Bought this so that I could get my usb wi-fi antenna within closer range of the downstairs modem and it did the job nicely.
on 25 January 2009
A simple little extension that does exactly what it says.

Although I doubt the 'gold plated' connections make any difference whatsoever (as with most cables and connectors).

Useful for those things that just need to be that little bit further away.
on 22 October 2012
As it happens the lead didn't do the job I needed it to - work as an extension lead to an external portable hard drive. Nothing wrong with the lead, just too much signal loss over that length of cable. But Andy from Aquarius Computers couldn't have been more helpful in finding me a solution that eventually did work. He ended up sending me 4 different leads before we found one that did the job, and didn't charge me an extra penny for it. What a great guy!
on 18 September 2008
Ordered this Tue night; delivered Thu morning. That is service.

Needed this to let my granddaughter roam around with her lap-top [No wireless]. It worked faultlessly on broadband @ 4.7Mbs.
on 18 August 2013
I needed one of these to add length to my phone charger so I could use it as a bedside alarm.

I initially went to PC World to buy one as it would be quicker than waiting for postage.

PC world are selling these leads for £19.99. Utter rip off but I should have learnt by now to know better than to expect anything else from PC World.

In brief why wouldn't you buy this lead??
on 9 September 2016
Bought this as I needed a longer extension cable for my phone. It was delivered in two days. The usb cable is reliable and hasn't failed me yet. It was cheap and good value for money. I would certainly recommend it for anyone to buy.
on 26 March 2012
Received the product within 24 hours.
Very pleased with quick delivery.
Product works perfectly for my Xbox 360.
I use it to move my wireless adaptor to get a better signal.
There are no faults with this cable.

Would recommend.
on 6 June 2010
I bought this lead to extend a webcam from the desktop pc to other places in the house. With skype, family members who live miles away can easily join in parties and I sometimes use the lead to extend the webcam to use it as a baby monitor. If would get 5 starts if you could connect 2 together but this diluted the signal too much.
on 26 February 2013
I bought this cable to extend the reach of a webcam. It may have been naive from me given that it's not an active extension, but I didn't expect that it wouldn't be able to handle a simple mouse! Simply won't work. Tried several different mice (also keyboards) and computers. The webcam itself shows a few frames - say 3-4 per second. Everything else is dropped, and every other device is ignored.
Put simply, the extension doesn't work. I have no idea why this item is for sale, or how on Earth it has positive reviews from other users. Maybe I was just unlucky, but from my experience there's no way I would recommend it.