on 28 March 2017
This 5 disc box set is good value for money with brilliant films. Below I have shown marks for entertainment value recorded by the general public on independent film sites.

RESERVOIR DOGS Amazon 4.4 / 5.0 IMDb 8.3 / 10.0 Rotten Tomatoes 4.1 / 5.0 Thriller/Crime/Drama
PULP FICTION Amazon 4.6 / 5.0 IMDb 8.9 / 10.0 Rotten Tomatoes 4.2 / 5.0 Thriller/Crime/Drama
JACKIE BROWN Amazon 4.5 / 5.0 IMDb 7.5 / 10.0 Rotten Tomatoes 3.5 / 5.0 Thriller/Crime/Action/Adventure
KILL BILL 1 Amazon 4.3 / 5.0 IMDb 8.1 / 10.0 Rotten Tomatoes 3.4 / 5.0 Drama/Crime/Action
KILL BILL 2 Amazon 4.2 / 5.0 IMDb 8.0 / 10.0 Rotten Tomatoes 3.8 / 5.0 Drama/Crime/Action

The JACKIE BROWN film has an extra disc for special features

T
on 2 September 2014
Quentin Tarantino is a fantastic director. The 5 films featured in this box set are excellent in terms of: sweet, smooth dialogue, great acting and superb direction. Let us move on to the discs featured of which unfortunately lack basic special features. In Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 a fairly even spread of special features are included, however, what I think is Tarantino’s most unsuccessful film Jackie Brown, has 2 discs packed full of special features contradicts that of Pulp Fiction which has nearly no features and, quite a bad picture. Excellent films, but, disappointing special features.
on 26 June 2015
I love Quentin Tarantino, the cinematography, camera angles, soundtracks, choice of actors/actresses. I especially like the strong women such as Uma Thurman (you never hear her name in Kill Bill) and Jackie Brown, which serve as good female role models in oppose to male dominated cast and plotlines. Pulp Fiction is an amazing film also, this time Thurman plays a more subservient female with a mad husband, but Reservoir Dogs as good as it is scared me quite a lot and I had to look away for the gorier scenes.
on 18 June 2017
Very nice starter pack. He doesn't make many films, but when he does, Holey Moley.
A bunch of different films, and all you can expect is the unexpected and some great writing and direction.
A must have for any half-serious film fan.
on 21 November 2010
I was first confronted with Tarantino's movie when I rented 'Kill Bill' a few years ago. I did not even watch all of it since I found it emotionally disturbing and depressive. A few years went and I watched 'Inglourious Bastards' (not part of this set) without realising it was made by the same person. The last movie seems to be made by a genious, although sometimes emotionally disturbing, and made me buy all the Tarantino movies (for a good prize at the Amazon).

The 2 'Kill Bill' movies, especially the first one, is filled with amazing characters, scenes, clothing and sound-tracks. When you realise that these movies are not meant for being believeable as representing the real world, the execessive violence becomes less a problem.

The 'Reservoir Dogs' is not my movie. I watched it once and I have no plans to see it again. The story line is too narrow and too many dead bodies. Bang, bang..

I liked 'Jackie Brown' a lot better. It has a very good story and there is no
unnecessary violence. It can certainly be seen as a family movie. The 'bad ass guy' is amazingly interpreted by Samuel L. Jackson who has a very strong character and rich, talkative language. The performance of the other actors, like Pam Grier as Jackie Brown is also very good. I wonder if using Robert De Niro in a secondary role was a good idea. There is nothing wrong with his acting, but since I associate him with so many other leading movie characters, it makes the story a bit less believable.

'Pulp Fiction' is even more filled with famous actors. The story line is more complex with parallel stories and back-flash. I must admit the movie end with a detail I do not understand. John Travolta is alive at the end of the movie, although... Maybe you understand this detail better than me after watching.
on 18 January 2013
To be entertained and to fall in love with fantastically entertaining, brilliantly written and shot films.

The only shame about this box set is that it doesn't have Tarantino's total collection of feature films.

A fantastic box set.
on 23 February 2018
Great for tarantino fans..quick delivery.
on 11 February 2017
Bought it for a friend of mine who is a tarantino fan. He liked it very much, so 5 stars for that
on 25 July 2017