Customer reviews

on 10 November 2010
these bookends arrived reasonably quickly and do the job when screwed down, I do think that they are expensive for two small pieces of steel with a single right angle bend. Also - buyer beware - the angle is not 90 degrees, more like 80, if you want 90 degrees you will have to (carefully) bend them a little.
on 31 October 2009
I have now purchased 3 sets of these Helex bookends because I have found them practical and satisfactory for their purpose.
on 9 December 2009
I am very pleased with these bookends. They are very solid and stable without being too heavy. I was unable to get anything like them locally. They were also delivered speedily.
on 22 February 2012
I thought all I needed to do was walk into the bookshop or stationary store and pick up some bookends. How wrong I was. After many attempts to buy them in high-street shops, with sales people behaving as if I was trying to find a button-hook for my 19th century shoes, I finally thought of Amazon. In five minutes I had bought them, and in 5 days they arrived. Thanks, as I write this they are sitting on my desk working, they never stop working, and I imagine barring accidents, they will continue to work long after I retire.

Helix Bookends Modern Design Metal W110xD94xH180mm
on 14 June 2009
very sturdy, look durable but not quite what i expected. i though it would be an L-shape bookend, right angled & straight but there is a lean in the upstanding part of the bookend.

they're "good" but not quite what i had expected.
on 20 October 2010
They work very well. I've used two pairs - one for books and the other for dvds/cds.
I thought they were a little expensive for what they are; but I couldn't find anything better or cheaper.
on 20 October 2010
These bookends do the job and are fit for purpose.
However when I ordered 2 book ends as described I got 2 pairs.
I found the extra pair that I did not expect to be very useful however.
on 10 August 2010
Book end at a good price compared to shops but postage rather expensive.

Packaging was only bubble wrap, so feel priced to make attractive but extra profit made from postage.
on 22 November 2010
These book ends were just the job, they are sturdy with heavy large books and I now do not have books falling off the shelf.
on 23 June 2010
A great item. Well made, smart and works brilliantly and can even be screwed into place if needed.