Customer reviews

on 8 February 2016
Bought this for £41 in warehouse deal. Needed to mix audio (guitar etc.) to record without latency with Reason 8 DAW. Reason is great but was having an issue with recording live audio in sync with backing tracks. Problem is that the processing of the audio signal through the DAW has a slight delay. This can be reduced by reducing buffer (which I did to lowest sample rate) but I still had a small but disruptive delay. Toyed with quantize which cleans up some of the delay and maybe shifting the audio track to sync it with the beat after recording but this is not satisfactory if you want a natural live performance alongside digital tracks including beats. YouTube videos suggested the only way to he rid of delay was to record using an external mixer. I didn't really understand which features I needed but thought it revolved around having separate control room and master mix. This Behringer 1002 did the job after a little trial and error. I have rigged up output from the PC (mic out mini stereo jack) into the Track line in inputs (rca stereos), Track line out outputs (rca stereos) back into the PC (line in record - min stereo jack) and control room outputs (jacks with adapters for rca) to my hifi amplifier with rca connector. The mixer allows switching between master and control room. On the DAW I needed to turn off the output from the audio track but allow for it to record. I now monitored the mix via the hifi amp output. This mixed the digital output with the guitar input in sync and no latency. It also picks up the DAW effects applied to the audio track - this was a big surprise but welcome as I assumed I would have to apply these after the recording. Result - zero latency, live playing syncing perfectly with midi tracks and effects in real time from the software. Whilst I was prepared to labour on with bad workarounds for audio recording, and I am finding Reason to be a great bit of software, this solution will really improve the product for me. From what I can tell latency is a problem with most if not all digital setups when mixing with live audio so I would recommend this solution which for £41 has been great vfm.
on 1 May 2017
I love the solid construction, the smooth slider, more than enough (at least for me) inputs.

However, my biggest gripe with it is the headphone jack (as far as I can tell). The only way I can get it to play stereo sound is when I plugged it into the "ctrl room". This set up works however now if I want to play something through my headphones, I have to turn off my speakers and vise versa. It's an annoying compromise and i wish someone could tell me how I can get around this.I have contacted Behringer Support directly and they have said that this model won't do it.

So if you are looking to have one input go to 2 different sources and be able to control each one individually, this one isn't for you. I wish I knew that before I bought it.

One bit of advice I can give, is if you are experiencing static through your headphones, increase the volume on the input side to 3/4 and then the main mix audio (in that order)
on 20 March 2017
This is a fantastic bit of kit. I was having sound issues trying to record through a Neewer NW-700 due to noise, and this has allowed me to remove it almost totally just using the gain and levels, and stabilising the volume levels thanks to the preamp. I'm very inexperienced using sound systems, but this has been better than expected. I'm even considering buying the larger version of this when I extend my setup.

Definitely worth buying.
on 18 May 2017
This little desk is the audio mixer equivalent of a no frills Swiss Army knife. If you like me have many stereo things you want to mix together and monitor in a small space, this is a very handy solution.
on 31 January 2017
Great quality mixer. I've been making muisc and Dj ing for a good few years and this is 1 of teh best I've used. Its easy to operate and teh qulaity it produces is unbeatable. No hum at all from the phantom power just pure crisp sounds.
on 17 November 2015
very good mixer
on 9 September 2017
very good compact mixer for the price
on 8 December 2011
This thing is great!

External Power Pack to reduce attenuated noise over the lines (this thing is pretty much noise-less, and if it isn't then just get a ground loop!)
Oh so many inputs
Faders + Knobs that don't create a "noise" when changed(I know cheaper ones do)
on 4 September 2017
Incredible product! I have used this repeatedly . And it still works . I love it I will be buying more. Best product like this I have found I absolutely love this product Was delivered quickly and was exactly as pictured
on 19 February 2011
First piece of info that you don't seem to get anywhere is that this comes with a power supply!
Its well packaged, easy to use and nice and quiet, I use it for home recording along with a Behringer B1 mic which is also very good. Used with my PC and Magix recording software. My main piece of advice is make sure if you use it for home recording make sure you get a really high quality XLR cable when using Phantom power. But I am very happy with this little mixer!
66 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse