Customer reviews

Behringer Xenyx 502 mixer

on 29 March 2016
First of all I would like to state the usage scenario for this. I use it at my desk to balance music from my phone whilst playing a game. It is also useful for a very small scenario with 1 mic, 1 aux, and 1 amplifier. This product is really not suited for anything larger than that. If you are looking for a DJ desk or for a small venue I would recommend the larger 802 or 1202 mixers from Behringer.

With that in mind I would say that the mixer is very good for the price. The build quality is very good, and all of the knobs feel very long-lasting, as well as the female ports. I was sad to see no option for XLR output, which made it slightly more difficult to use with an active speaker such as JBL Eon.

The product is also very compact, meaning I can give it some of the precious real estate on my desk. I have to say the best feature is the warm EQ that the mixer gives the sound, making it sound slightly better through my headphones, and taking some of the harsh rings off when playing very loudly, although this is personal preference.
on 4 May 2017
I'm using this mixer to mix a mic and a guitar. It does the job just fine as long as you don't need lots of EQ. Others have spoken about it being noisy but I can report that my one is pretty silent. It's build quality is good and everything feels satisfying solid.
on 17 March 2017
I have a decent sound system attached to my PC, with a separate amp/tuner/speakers and wanted a small, affordable audio mixer that would allow me to have game sounds from my PC while still able to listen to radio from the external tuner. This wee box fits the bill very well. I've only had it a coupla weeks, but so far it's worked flawlessly. Be aware that it requires a few easily-bought and cheap adapter cables to link up with the PC and hi-fi amplifier.

The construction of the unit is very impressive; the only thing missing is a power switch on the unit itself, hence four rather than five stars. A bonus I discovered yesterday is the ability of plugging in my DAB portable radio through the '2-track' inputs on the pain panel (via another cable), thus saving myself £200-odd pounds for the DAB tuner separate unit I was thinking of buying.

A very nice bit of kit.
on 26 April 2017
Amazing value. I play an iPod through a powered speaker system, and just wanted a remote volume control. This works brilliantly, and will do so much more. It appears to be of excellent quality. The sound quality is excellent. For the price it's frankly amazing.
on 20 May 2017
Be nice if you could turn the phantom power off and if the headphone output was independent from the main out (if you turn the main down you also get nothing from headphones) but for 32 quid delivered I really can't complain.
on 21 August 2017
This mixer is very good quality, of robust construction and very reasonable priced.
It's actually absolutely ideal for what I use it for.
I run pub quizzes and I plug into the pub's system via the output. I then plug my mic into the XLR, my iPad into one of the other inputs for my music round and I use the other input to connect an iPod mini to play light background music.
Very pleased with the purchase.
on 28 March 2017
Good mini-mixer. I have a powered mixer that doesn't have a recording output. I'm using this to take a recording feed from two microphones, before taking the output signal into the powered mixer. Worth noting that channel one has full gain and tone control, and the only XLR input. Channels 2/3 and 3/4 are both paired, and each share a single pan and volume control.
on 14 July 2012
I ordered this mixer for use with my laptop computer, when recording in church to save constant swapping of leads and adjustment of volume control. With this I can pre set the laptop recording volume and switch between input sources at the turn of a knob or the push of a button. The quality of the recordings is excellent. All in all a really good product that I would recommend.
on 10 March 2017
A cheap and cheerful little mixer that could fit into a large pocket. Solid and sturdy. Perfect as a back up.
on 21 September 2017
It's alright, though the power socket in the unit is slightly wobbly and would produce buzzing - requiring some fiddling to get it to set right enough for it to go away. It may just be this one unit, but I'd recommend taking a look at other options.