on 17 December 2016
Since I have now owned one of these for 10 years I thought I'd post a review since it appears to be mostly overlooked.

The settings are enough to get a good picture in various conditions. Even flashy clubs. Uses CCD which I prefer to CMOS.

The 6cm macro mode is very good. The lens mechanics are good quality, and the mechanism still amuses. No problems at all after 10 years of use.

The 6 megapixels is not huge in today's standard, but more than enough for the computer screen and great prints.

Downside is you might only get about 100 pictures taken when using Alkaline batteries. This can be more like 300-400 pics using NiMh before the batteries conk out which is very acceptable. It takes 2x AA batteries by the way, and if you tried the cheap Zinc Carbon they will be flat before you have examined the menu.

Overall, still an excellent camera given its age now.
on 31 December 2006
That's why I'm giving it 4 stars. Otherwise a fab wee budget camera. Easy to use (shame you couldn't have all the instructions printed but maybe I'm old fashioned?) but does what most people would need something like this to do. Okay so it doesn't have 101 modes like other more expensive makes/models, but then do you really need them? It has one mode where you can just change virtually every setting to suit your needs. So why be lazy. I like where the buttons are and it's easy to use. You don't have to be a genius to get to grips with this.

It can also shoot in sepia and black and white which again maybe basic but I started on an aps about 8 years ago and such things weren't available then without losing a load of film!

Apart from the grainiess of the screen the only other downside is that the batteries don't last long. So invest in rechargeable ones etc. Otherwise if you're a keen amateur it's going to cost you a fortune!

But that's about it. On the whole a good, basic budget camera which by Pentax whom I've had good compact cameras off in the past.
20 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2009
I bought this about 18 months ago. It wasn't bad for the money - but the flash just stopped working a few weeks ago - so it's heading for the bin, and I'm going to order a finepix