on 5 April 2016
This is the third watch of this particular model that I have owned, the other two giving good service until succumbing to normal wear and tear. I like watches with hands, but I don't like the date function on the analogue-only versions, so this watch with its digital display which I keep permanently displaying month, date and day of the week is ideal for me. The digital display does not interfere with the readability of the analogue display as it does on many dual display watches and I think the overall look of the watch is classy. The strap alone is worth the total cost of the watch, and I find it very easy to adjust its length. If I was being really picky I would say that I would have preferred the watch to have a seconds hand and to be able to handle leap years automatically, but its other virtues easily outweigh these minor deficiencies.
on 9 March 2017
Very satisfied with the watch. I have had two previous models and find the facilities useful and easy to use. I find the watch lasts about 5 years before the push buttons become inoperative, but I consider that to be acceptable.
on 8 March 2012
This watch is one of a series with different cases and dials. I purchased a gold coloured version back in 1996 which finally started to give trouble a few days ago. This appeared to be caused by the sealing ring which had not been changed since new and had allowed dirt to accumulate inside. Despite this the movement was still working perfectly and I later cleaned out the case especially the buttons which were stiff and it now works again.
However due to the age and the fact that the case is not metal, it has lost its good looks and at the very reasonable price it is available for on Amazon I decided to get a new one. This time I chose the chrome coloured version with a white dial and black digits which provides a very easy to read face.
I very highly recommend this watch in all versions as it is very accurate (within +/-30 seconds a month) and has a separate digital display which can show the time, date and day of week, Alarm, Stopwatch and a dual time which can be set for another time zone if required. It is also very slim and elegant and looks more expensive than it is.
The method of operating the watch can be downloaded as a pdf by going to the Casio Watch site ([...]) and selecting Support/Manuals/Timepieces/Watch Manual Archives and entering Module No:1301 in the edit box.
New sealing rings are available (at just over £5 including P/P) from Casio Spares department (Tel 020 8208 9567 M-F 9-5). It uses a Silver Oxide Button Cell Type SR920 (1.55v) which is not difficult to purchase and should last about 3 years. The back is easy to remove and the battery is easy to change. The sealing ring can be changed if necessary at the same time. If the movement is accidentally disturbed check that the buttons are still operating the contacts properly.
on 29 September 2017
I really like this watch, so much so that this is a replacement for the same model, that one's band could not be fixed. I like to have the time and the date fully displayed, but that's just me.

It lacks a light which would make it perfect in my opinion. and when the clocks go back you have to push the button in too advance 11 hours and if you miss the time you have to do this all over again, but that's just once a year so hey ho.

It a cheap and I think stylish and practical watch. I do not get on with leather straps and working on a shop floor it is going to take some knocks. The last one was about 6 years old and I paid about £18.00 for it then. I hope thay are still selling them in another 6 years.
on 16 May 2015
Good watch with an excellent combination of analogue & digital functions which I like. Nice clear face. The alarm is a useful function. The only down side is the poor quality of the strap. This is the second watch of the same design I bought. I lost the first one when it fell off my wrist unknown to me. Still don't know how,or where, it happened. This new one I got again had a faulty clasp which I have had to mess about with. Must be a glutton for punishment but I really like the watch and am struggling to find another similar watch design at a similar price. Still a recommended buy but be aware of the watch strap limitations.
on 25 June 2016
I really like this watch. It's actually the second one I've bought ( the first was bought from a high street shop in the USA and caused me no problems until it was mislaid in a hotel somewhere ).

I work in theatre backstage and it is useful to have a digital stopwatch on my person as part of the job as well as knowing the time at any moment. This does the job rather elegantly - it doesn't look out of place at a soiree, and is robust enough to fit with workwear. I went out of my way to find this model when I needed to replace the lost one. I had that about 6 years, and replaced the battery once, about 4 years in. The dial is very clear, and the glass seems scratch resistant. The bracelet is easily adjustable.

It fits my requirements perfectly.
on 16 July 2013
The more expensive and ostentatious watches stink of pretentiousness. But this bracelet watch is a true classic. Cheap and understated.

Casio watches have always been highly accurate watches. There is the standard dial, and the digital display at the bottom that has time, stopwatch and alarm capability. There is a 2-fold clasp that fastens the watch to your wrist. Be sure that you close this in the right two-stage process; if you fasten just the second catch then the watch will eventually come loose (i tragically lost one of these watches on a boat in Croatia - I will not make that mistake again). The water resistance depth is stated to be 3OM - but i would be careful with long exposure to the watch underwater. Remember this is not strictly water-PROOF. It is fabulously lightweight.

I am not sure why this is marketed as a mens watch; it can clearly be worn by both sexes. In fact i have seen many young ladies sporting this gold version of the watch. The watch also comes in silver with a black dial.
on 7 October 2014
Retro chic! Decades after its launch, this still looks the part!

It is slim and light, so wearable with long sleeves and jackets without a hitch.

It came boxed (real Casio), and well protected.

The price variation for these watches is amazing - so a bit of a search between competing sellers is worthwhile before you buy.

Just remember that these watches are not very water resistant. Swatches were more robust - but not half so cool
on 21 November 2015
Looks smart, and smaller than I expected, which is a good thing. I use a camera for my job and find chunky watches get in the way of working.

Only negative is the ridiculous method of changing the analogue time. I had an almost identical watch in the 80's, and you changed the analogue time by turning a dial. Easy, quick and intuitive. There is no dial here, just buttons, so you have to hold down one button to change the time and it will turn the hands so slowly it's excruciating - be careful not to go past the correct time as the hands only move in one direction! It literally takes several minutes for the hands to move all the way round, so when daylight savings time means the clocks go back it's going to be a huge PITA!
on 28 June 2015
I've been buying this watch for years now - I can't remember how many, but at least twenty! Why? Well, price for one - at £17 or so how can you go wrong? It has what I like in a watch such as analogue hands for a quick glance and a digital display of the time if you need more accuracy. Shows the date if you like (I do) and beeps on the hour if you want it to which for some reason I like too. It also has an alarm and stopwatch.The whole thing including the strap is nice and slim and the type of strap means it's infinitely adjustable to get the perfect size for your wrist. I wear them until they're scratched and battered (the 'glass' is slightly proud of the face and will eventually attract damage) then get the next one!