Customer reviews

Colour: Grey|Change

on 3 January 2016
I've worn Casio wrist watches for more years than I care to remember and for value and accuracy I think they are excellent.

Unfortunately I can't get on with the STR-300C-1VER. It's got all the functions I want and I'm sure it is accurate, but I can't reliably operate the start/stop and lap/split buttons. The controls are built into the watch bezel, each covered by largish plastic mouldings. There's nothing to tell you, by feel, that you are pressing the right area.

With the watch off my wrist, looking at what I'm doing in a well lit room, I get a 70% success rate starting and stopping the stop watch.

While riding a bike, in the dark, with the watch on my wrist, partly under my cycling gear, my success rate falls to around 0%.

It needs some sort of tactile indication that you are groping about in the right area and a much more positive action for my big clumsy hands.....
on 20 September 2016
Unfortunately, this watch is not as good as the old one. The stop and start buttons are not the prominent ones at the side, but smaller ones on the front of the watch above and below the screen. These are fiddly, and difficult to find and press while running along. Also, and very annoying, the watch has a "Dual Time" function that's sole purpose seems to be to confuse. Because the button to switch between functions is at the side ordinary movement will invariably cause you to touch them and move between functions. If the watch is on "Dual Time"any accidental activation of the "Lap" or "Reset" button will move that time forward by half an hour each press. It is then easy to get confused between the "Dual Time" screen (whose time has now been moved forward) and the normal screen. I missed a train because of this, and was not pleased. I am looking to replace it with a waterproof watch with better buttons, and less annoying features.
on 27 November 2015
Until I stupidly lost it recently I had owned one of these for years. It has every function required of such a watch and kept very accurate time. I had become so used to using all of it's function, that I had to replace it. It's actually costs less now than my original purchase. A terrific buy, you will not be disappointed with this watch.
on 26 July 2013
I bought this coming up on 2 years ago. I wanted a digital watch that was relatively simple without loads of gaudy styling and bits I wouldn't use and on that count it has been perfect. The pacing functionality is rather rubbish so I barely bothered using it, but it tells the time, has alarms, stopwatch, and countdown timer, which is all I wanted.

The other night I was taking it off and the strap just broke, sheared in half at about the point where the little band you tuck the strap in would be. For a cheap watch I suppose two years isn't bad and the strap is perhaps the most well worn. A replacement strap is just shy of the price of a new one so I'll probably just replace it.
on 17 July 2016
Purchased this watch after my other one packed up and I needed a sports watch for durability and ease of use.
This Casio watch is incredibly easy to use despite having a number of functions, and a detailed manual is included if you need any help with certain aspects.
Lap times record and up to 60 times are stored so if you are a keen runner, you can save your previous lap times into your watch and compare against each other easily.

I would recommend this watch for anyone looking for an inexpensive, stylish and easy to use sports watch.
on 27 April 2015
Delivered quickly and well packaged. Does exactly what is required. A stop watch for running, plain and simple. Fits like it should I.e. It's a watch that goes around your wrist. It tells the time as long as it's set to the correct time and you can understand what time is, (refer to Stephen hawking if problematic). Not so good for swimming because it's not designed for that. I've gave up running because my back doesn't like it so much, it prefers to have no weight on it (laying down or supported by water, I.e. Swimming) hence where this watched failed. I am happy with my purchase tho, the little TIME we had together was great and I really enjoyed recording my accurate running times. I'm think I'm goin to treasure it and make a little shrine for it, sit once a day and enjoy the memories, however brief they were, until I get bored then probably recycle it as I'm into that kind of thing. All in all, it's a great watch and if I do get to run again I will buy another, name it Paul and wear it frequently. Goodbye.
VINE VOICEon 21 April 2013
I bought this watch for the purpose of having something to tell the time whilst training, and in this it has excelled. For the last two years it has survived being drenched in copious amounts of sweat, being banged around, gotten wet in the rain. In spite of this punishment it still looks as good as new and works as well as the day I got it out of the box.

From experience the buttons are not easy to press by accident which means that any timings you are taking are accurately recorded, also the display is nice and clear even in bright sunlight.

As it is a unisex watch it might look slightly small on a male wrist, but not so much so as to make anyone notice. I would buy another one now if for some reason it unexpectedly failed which it surely promises not to do.
VINE VOICEon 30 August 2013
I bought this watch because I wanted a simple lightweight watch to run with (I don't use GPS, step sensors, heart rate monitors, all that jazz). This watch ticks all the boxes except one - the buttons for start/stop and lap/reset are flat against the face of the watch and are hard to push - especially when you're a bit sweaty from running. This is a real shame because the watch is really great in all other regards.

After reading other reviews, I was worried I might get a different colour than ordered, but the watch that arrived was exactly as pictured on the webpage. I'm 85% happy with it. Now if only I can make those buttons easier to press when I'm out running...
on 16 April 2015
Excellent watch. I had one of these 25 years ago when I used to run long distances, however it seemed that they had stopped making them for a while in the 1990s...I might be wrong, but I couldn't find one then when I needed a replacement. Anyhow, I'm older now and due to slightly worn out knees, I walk rather than run. I was delighted when I realised Casio are doing these great watches. I'm still competitive and enjoy checking my walking times, so this is the perfect watch for me.
on 4 April 2015
This is the second Casio that I've had of this type. The first eventually ran out of strength in that the lap/split button cover came off. It is a reliable, easy to use and accurate runner's watch. I haven't utilised the pacing function but will do so by using the "how to booklet" that came with the watch. The loss of a star is because the strap that comes with the phone is not very robust and it eventually became US after several months.