on 3 June 2017
Fit for purpose
on 24 November 2008
I used to use this, and was very pleased with it under XP, but I upgraded my computer, which included 64bit Vista. This programme will not run, and manufacturers i) agreed & ii) had no plan to remedy the problem. I bought a different make of product in the end. (Either that or stop my research).
on 10 March 2008
I have recently written a review on Who do you think you are deluxe. I previously had this product before the deluxe and definatly recommend this, and the deluxe to anyone interested in Family Trees.
I have even found some new family members. This product is so easy to use and get to grips with, I have brought my mum the Deluxe version (Its that easy to use.) I will continue to buy the upgrades when they get released.
on 7 January 2008
What a treat this was at Christmas. I watched the TV series and so paid for the New Version of this software as the reviews have been very good.

I installed the software... and it took ages.

Then, VISTA informed me that the software had a VISTA upgrade available and I had to download it from the makers site. I did this.

The software seemed to be working. I created my tree, printed of some great charts, the best being the one that tells you how you are related to someone else on the tree, so I now know that Susan is my 2nd cousin, once removed!

But, alas, after saving my work, I tried to open my tree again and some error appeared. AGES later, I found on the makers site that the entire thing had to be re-loaded, after uninstalling the package. But guess what. The Uninstaller does not work in Vista. Looking at other forums, people have given up or reinstalled Vista.

Be careful. Genes Reunited worked well for me, but is costly, and their charts are dreadful. This software came with 90 day free membership to Ancestory.co.uk, which is a great tool for looking up family records. So, 3 stars as the 90 day membership is worth it, and the charts, were great...
on 6 January 2007
This is an excellent package for putting your tree together. Logical, user friendly and capable of turning out some excellent trees.

This can easily export trees to websites.

I wouldn't be without it!
on 1 September 2008
I have just installed this version which is Family Tree Maker 2006 (v13.0.285) and has loaded in our family tree from the 2005 version. As such, it represents excellent value for money, especially if you want to upgrade but not to the entirely new 2008 version. The carton says it will run under Vista with a download from the GSP site.
It comes with two discs, one with the program and the other with video clips and family trees of celebrities featured in the first three series.
on 11 June 2007
Fantastic software that does what it say's on the box and is easy to use!

Well worth buying, thouroughly recommended.
on 16 June 2013
For what it was I suppose it was what it was. Just an advert for other products. I was trying to buy something that would revitlise my 2006 version. But it was nothing of the sort. Perhaps it was me but I found this advert rather misleading. I kept it rather than involve myself in postage and hassle trying to return it.
on 14 January 2008
I had high hopes to assist with the tracking of relations - however as good as the tree maker may be (excel can do the same) you need to spend more money if you want to register product and take advantages of the internet registry searches - and i dont have much faith in them to be honest.

If you are happy spending another ten pound here and there, then this is for you, but as a stocking filler for my wife - not the best - unless your surname is Snexergytimson, or you have time to search through the 4 million hits for the surname Smith....
on 6 September 2008
I have just received an email from FTM software writers (6/9/2008) in which they freely say that THEY DO DO SELL A PRODUCT at this time that will work fully on 64 BIT VERSIONS OF VISTA. Some of their products will run on 32bit Vista. My FTM version will work for most functions, but if you want it to produce pdf files, it will not function, and crash if you try.