on 16 June 2013
Best bass response I have had from a pair of in ear headphones. Mids and treble is okay too but can be drowned out by the bass if you do not get your equaliser settings right.

The markings rub off easily so you will not see the AKG tag for long. It has gone up in price quite a bit sinceI bought it but the price now reflects the relative qulaity of the product. The right angle plug has meant that it has lasted longer than much of my previous earphones as well.

I almost forgot to mention they are comfortable as well. I have searched for them before only to find that they were in my ears all along!
on 18 November 2010
I have owned loads of budget earphones over the course of the last ten years and I can honestly say that I'm finally happy with the sound quality and fit of these earbuds. I have a pair of Klipsch image S4's which cost me £70 and the sound from the AKG buds is much better balanced in my opinion, offering a less harsh trebble and a slightly warmer and more vibrant bass. If you're looking to upgrade from the bundled earphones which come with your ipod for a bargain price, then look no further. They come with three sizes of soft silicone earbuds, a soft velvety carry case or the choice of a hard plastic tube to protect them. If you are lucky enough to be buying from 'Hammer' from the Amazon Marletplace, then I'm sure you'll receive the same great service as I received.
on 18 May 2017
They don't fit into the ear. Just sit into the lob and easily fall our. Do not recommend.
on 12 April 2014
These are my first in ear headphones and i really like them. Only downside is that there is a whistling if its windy or you are cycling but otherwise there fine. They feel a little tacky and if they do break i think i will look at akg's other in ear headphones just to see if they are any better.
on 12 January 2013
Very pleased with purchase, item was as described, very good value for money, i would reccommend this item to anyone.
on 18 December 2010
I bought these for my mp3 player. They are great for the following reasons:

They come in a nice smart matt black case
They come with a bag for carrying them around
They come with a range of rubber sections to fit different sized ears
The sound quality is excellent
They look fab

The downside is that personally I found them uncomforable. They stay in your ear by actually being squeezed into your ear canal. This felt wierd and uncomforable to me. In the end I replaced them for the more trandition version, the "AKG K 315 In-Ear Headphones (Pebble Black)" which are spot on for me.
on 12 July 2011
I bought these as a replacement for the tacky headphones that came free with my blackberry. I wanted a set for listening to music on the train and whilst walking that wouldn't upset me too much when they inevitably get lost or broken whilst shaking around in my pocket.

Build quality is pretty good for £[], and I've got no complaints. They come with a plastic protector for the earpieces and a little bag to keep them in, but I doubt I'll use these much.

My first thoughts on sound quality were that it was shockingly bad. It took me a little while to realise that this was because they weren't tight enough in my ears. A quick change to the larger ear buds sorted this, although it did make them a lot less comfortable. The sensation is similar to having your ear blocked with wax - quite unpleasant at first, although you do get used to it.

Once the larger buds had been fitted, sound quality improved a great deal. Bass tightened up and filled out. The treble became less splashy and a lot more controlled. My one critisism is that I think there is a bit too much bass. This seems great at first, but after some extended listening does become a bit tiresome. It's not such a problem in a noisy environment like a train, but you do notice if you are sat somewhere quiet.

In summary:
Good build at a bargain price, but the overblown bass and slightly uncomfortable sensation when wearing knocks them down to a three.
on 2 June 2011
I've had my pair for just over half a year, using them averaging two-three hours a day. It took me some time to get used to their sound (I owned a pair of Creative EP-630 before, which I found bass heavy after the AKGs.)

These are not too heavy on the low frequencies, which actually I really like. You can set the EQ levels if you wish to get nice bass. The pair fits incredibly comfortably and well in my ears, pulling out easily when accidents would happen (great!)
As usual, the cable transports quite a bit of handling noise if you are tapping it or if it's rubbing against something, but having a good cable run completely eliminates this problem.

Their biggest bonus is the excellent level of noise cancellation! I often use them just as earplugs on planes and buses, without anything playing. The attenuation of environmental noise (better than the Creative EP-630) also means that I can listen to music at an extremely low volume, which helps me avoid hearing loss. They are so comfortable that I often go to bed and sleep with them.

The jack connector is a right angle plug, which I favor to the straight plugs. It's less prone to accidental unplugging and the cable also wraps nicely around whatever device I'm using them with. (None of that clumsy coiling needs to be done.)

I'll see how long they last, I'm hoping to get one more year use out of them. ;)

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with my pair and I would recommend anyone looking into buying in-ear earphones to try these! They're fantastic value for the price!
on 1 May 2011
These in-ear headphones by AKG are superb. They fit snugly inside one's ear and exude class, style and visual expense. The chrome finish upon the driver surrounds looks fabulous and provides the product with a professional finish. Sound quality is up there with the best as one would expect with AKG. The bass isn't overpowering, but it's enough. Vocals are emitted effortlessly and come from nowhere, delivering astonishingly crisp and beautiful sound which stuns the listener.

All in all, a great pair of headphones which are worth about ten times the price, but can be had for much, much less. This is AKG at it's best. This is AKG - The World's best manufacturer of premium and bespoke headphones, which don't disappoint.

BUY THESE HEADPHONES NOW.

TP.
on 14 December 2010
No treble, mid range is ok, bass is too heavy. I can live without highs but heavy bass just exhausts my eardrums. These are good for teenagers who like to feel the music but if you want good easy listening then these aren't for you. If you are an audiophile too, then you won't enjoy these.