on 23 April 2018
Quite entertaining.
on 2 June 2016
Some sketches better than others. Love David Mitchell on Would I Lie To You and QI. Not so much on this disc.
on 24 September 2016
The continuing adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar. Oh and That's Numberwang.
on 30 December 2016
A good buy!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 March 2009
This live DVD mainly consists of material from the TV series - so if you're already familiar with "That Mitchell and Webb Look" then you'll most likely have seen it all before.

Thankfully though we get live performances of many of the strongest sketches ("...we're the baddies!") and the translation from screen to stage works well. For every good sketch though there seems to be a couple of weaker ones.

In a nutshell: This DVD made me titter but it wasn't as funny as I expected it to be. If I'd not seen the TV series then no doubt I'd have enjoyed this more. Additional features are pretty sparse on this DVD with only a trailer for the film Magicians.
One person found this helpful
on 2 November 2006
I have been a fan of the pairing for a while since series 1 of peep show. So when that mitchell and webb look came out on bbc2 I was excited to say the least. The bbc show in itself is one of the funniest shows ever on tv and has more than just moments of comical genius.

When my friend brought me a leaflet saying that mitchell and webb were doing a show at the Victoria Hall (Stoke) I couldn't believe it and so I instantly booked tickets. It was last night that the show was on and I am still laughing about it. The pair are great on tv but I think they really do excell when it comes to theatre. I would first recommend that if there is a showing near you soon then go get a ticket immediately. Failing this then definitely get the dvd. Hopefully this will pass the time between now and their next tour as I need more mitch and webb.

Keep doing what you do guys, it's genius.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 March 2007
I was hoping for a lot from this as I rate Peep Show as one of the most inventive pieces of tv ever made - a truly brilliant insight, edgy humour and yet still entirely believable. But I just got the feeling that this was strung together to produce enough material for a stage show, and I'm afraid it shows. Completely unconnected skits, some of which raised a wry smile but not enough to actually laugh or make me want to watch it ever again - which is a complete contrast to Peep Show which I've watched at least a dozen times, and would quote it endlessly like a Python Tragic, if it weren't for the fact that Peep Show isn't very well known here (NZ).

So, sadly not recommended. But if you haven't seen Peep Show, buy the boxed 3 season set - my all-time favourite comedy.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 November 2006
I have been to see this show live, and as a result I can honestly say that it was the most hilarious thing i have seen in my life - i had tears rolling down my cheeks the whole time, and nearly fell of my seat more than once. Although most of the material was featured in their TV or radio shows, there was some completely original seketches, and some that had been tweaked for theatre - Numberwang, for example. This DVD would make the perfect gift for anybody with half a sense of humour - i do not beleive anyone will be able to watch this without at some point laughing out loud.
10 people found this helpful
on 19 October 2008
I like Mitchell and Webb, I really do; I even saw this show live, but the DVD wasn't that impressive.
Yes, it is funnier live and I must say, it was much funnier when I saw it in Peterborough than this version on the DVD; for starters, the audience don't seem to be getting into it and secondly, the participation was greater when I saw it; improv. moments when something was dropped, or the Big Talk segment, in which we had a discussion about the greatest kind of chips, which went Daddies Chips > Chip Shop Chips > Regular Chips.
A lot of the sketches in the live version were from the television series, so there's not much to it, some new sketches based on familiar characters but that's about it.
I'd suggest this DVD if you went to the live show or are a fan of Mitchell and Webb, otherwise, I'd suggest sticking to the TV series.
One person found this helpful
on 18 November 2006
I saw this show live during the tour and it's great fun - the performances are excellent. One word of warning though: almost all of the material is repeated from the TV and radio series; this isn't new material. That's a bit of a shame, but some of the sketches they've chosen to repeat really are very good.

If you can look past the repitition or don't know their work, you'll love it. If you can't, you probably won't.
15 people found this helpful