on 27 November 2017
I am a great reader and this book by Kuki Gallmann had me hooked from the start and it is one of the best books I have ever read.. It was beautifully written and I could almost believe I was in Africa. It is a story of a very strong woman who surmounted everything that was thrown at her and she survived.

A Fantastic Book that had me hooked from the very beginning.
on 10 April 2017
An excellently written novel, I loved it, so emotional and written with such feeling. The descriptions are so vivid that you feel like you are there with the people. Many tears were shed as she described her losses. Fantastic book.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 13 September 2016
A very well-written and moving memoir. I was particularly touched by the way in which Kuki Gallmann handled the loss of her husband and son - it is very inspiring. I highly recommend this book.
One person found this helpful
on 18 December 2014
I didn't know what to expect when I ordered this book, but I was not disappointed. Kuki's way of writing is very flowing and hooks the reader in from the start. I felt as If I was experiencing all of the events along with her. She is a very remarkable lady who has achieved great things for Kenyan wildlife and community. Anyone who has visited Kenya should read this book.
on 24 January 2018
Brilliant book.
on 9 January 2016
Both a personal tragedy but a clear triumph for conservation in Laikipia. Wonderful read tracking the life of the author in Kenya which is quite recent history.
Wonderful to read the success of her efforts and others in creating the conservation area. Good read.
on 4 June 2015
One woman's very emotional journey through life in Kenya, detailing her highs and lows. Beautifully written and very thought provoking with regards to the state of african wildlife, native cultures, and customs that are being lost at an alarming rate
I highly recommend it, although I advise to have a decent stash of Kleenex within reach whilst reading this beautiful book.
on 9 March 2018
Anyone who loves Africa should adore this book . Very evocative of Kenya and a fascinating insight into the life of this remarkable woman and the personal tragedies she has to endure . Loved it.
on 3 November 2015
Brings back so many good memories of what Africa was/is.
on 29 September 2016
Arrived promptly. This is a wonderful book, grabbing your involvement on the first page.