Customer reviews

Back to Earth
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 August 2007
I heard one track on the radio in the UK and despite not even being able to remember the name of the song I remembered the band and I am so glad that I did. Its always a risk buying an album based on hearing only one song but almost every track on Back To Earth more than lives up to expectation. Difficult to know where to place them but if you like New Radicals or Hard Fi then you wont't go wrong here. Battle knock Hard Fi into a cocked hat, they have a distinctly softer sound and I am constantly surprised by how accomplished this sounds for what is not even a first album proper but an EP. There are shades of Mansun in some of the guitar play, especially on 'I never stopped' and the bassist has certainly listened to The Cure in his time, but that is no bad thing and the overall sound is all their own.
7 tracks and 6 of them are corkers. I agree with the reviewer below who says that 'Isabelle' is the weakest offering but hey, 6 out of 7 isn't at all bad.
Take a risk, buy the EP, I did and I haven't regretted it for a single moment.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 October 2006
I have been a fan of Battle for as long as they have been around, when they released Tendency i was amazed of how good this band could be. I have recomended Battle to my friends which they have not been disapointed. This EP is the first real offering from Battle and it is good. The lead singer brings a level of sophistication to the music industry and also a breath of fresh air. Every song sounds different from the rockier songs of Tendency and Wicked Owl to the ballads of Beautiful Dynasty and One More Night. Isabelle is the weakest track on here which is why i have only given it a four. I would have enjoyed it more if they released a full album. They are due to release a full album in January, i will counting down the days thats for sure. Until then you will just have to buy this EP and enjoy Battle.