on 4 August 2016
Finally I can play Mariocart on the Wii and bypass the stupid wiimote control motion sensor tilting nonsense.
Overnight I've gone from last place and being mocked by little people to wiping the floor with them!! #parenting goals!
Saved me having to buy an old NES!
on 31 July 2013
No problems with it at all..I didnt know that you actually have to connect this to the other wii controller... which is abit odd.. So u have to lay the other controller next to you as the wire isn't long either. This obviously isnt this company's fault, its Nintendo who created it. Was delivered very quickly. Overall very pleased with the item.
on 7 June 2014
Second hand but works fine
Joysticks were a little dirty and required a little clean
Bits of paper stuck to the back from a sticker that had been removed

Happy overall , just required cleaning
on 24 August 2013
my sister bought this as her old wii controller packed up and she needed a new one so my mum went to game for her and they didnt know what a game controller was and they sold her a remote one instead so my sister took it back and got a refund and asked me to look online and managed to find one
on 31 August 2013
lets me play my favourite games with the pc adaptor (sold seperately) now snes games play fluid with just the effort of inputting data for directional and button function with the software that runs the roms. well pleased.
on 25 July 2009
If you are a big user of virtual console then this is absolutely essential. It fits in your hands perfectly, the buttons are well placed, and it works with EVERY game on virtual console. But, if you're planning to get gamecube games as well, then you might as well get a gamecube controller, as the classic doesn't work with gamecube games.GameCube Controller Purple (GameCube) Plus the gamecube controller also works with every VC game and feels even more well shaped to your hands. So, to conclude, the classic controller is cool, it's modern, but just not as good as the gamecube controller.
on 17 November 2011
Nice quality controller, however it's quite small and I feel it starting to slip out my hands at times. It's just not as ergonomic as the gamecube or N64 controller which seemed to fit in my hands perfectly.
on 4 March 2012
I like it, but the placement of the top buttons seems off. Playing Xenoblade Chronicles I wish I'd have bought the Classic Controller Pro instead, since pressing ZL and ZR can be a bit weird. In fact pressing R and L feels weird too, since you have to press them far down to get a response. Otherwise a great controller!
I'm glad I purchased this controller as brings back plenty of memories of how I used play games - the NES and the SNES. Its actually not much bigger than the slim SNES pad, put obviously it feels much better quality. Fab analogue sticks (the same as the ones on your nunchuk) and good buttons that press in nicely and aren't flat.
Perhaps one area reviewers haven't highlighted alot is the inclusion on 2 'Z' buttons on the pad - next to the L and R shoulder buttons, and another button that releases a mechanism on the back of the pad that I can only presume will attach to something in the future.
So, it fits perfectly in your hand, probably one of the best pads I've used, and nicely slots in the WiiMote. This is where I don't understand why people suggest getting a Gamecube controller instead, as it would be very impractical, and since their wasn't really a 'vast' collection of fab Gmecube titles.
Overall, this is definately worth buying, but I don't think fifteen pounds is the true value of this small pad - look around before buying!
on 19 July 2007
Essential for playing games downloaded from the Virtual Console, this controller will work for every game downloaded, and the controller can also be used for compatible games for the Wii. The controller is wireless and plugs in to the remote like the nunchuck does. It handles well; the controller fits comfortably in the hands and has a layout familiar to past Nintendo console controllers. Overall a good purchase, but as mentioned below if you're looking to download games such as Mario Kart 64 etc, two or more of these are advisable.