Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now pd pd Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

on 26 July 2007
A small but perfectly formed video camera. I bought this prior to my recent holiday. It was my first dip into the world of high definition and the picture quality was breathtaking - I'll never be able to return to those antiquated days of standard definition or for that matter SVHS or Hi8. Small enough that you could take it anywhere and catch those candid moments. The automatic focus was the best I've ever experienced. The still pictures were, for their size, equally impressive. I'm an enthusiastic albeit amateur videographer and believed I'd found the perfect cam' for those one off holiday events. However, after several weeks of use I noticed several shortcomings: the mic' is badly placed and picks up my voice better than the intended subject; there is no shoe for an external mic; manual focus was fiddly and tricky to operate, and for such a state-of-art device, still uses tapes. Even with these shortfalls, I'd still highly recommend this cam'. The viewfinder (noticeably absent from many other camcorders in this bracket) was a blessing when the LCD screen is made useless by the bright sun. Phenomenal picture quality and smart compact design make this a winner but I'll drop a star for the mentioned deficits.
16 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 6 March 2007
Then you should consider this camera. It is one of those things that should have the label:"Perfect"

Perfect to use, to hold, even perfect as a photo-camera! Yes its pictures although 3.1 megapixels, could be compared with Canon EOS.

And the focus ability of this camera is outstanding. It will focus perfectly even when you make rapid movements with the camera.

And the most important notice:

You can edit the HD-Movies it makes on (Your IMAC) in IMovie HD, save it as a HD DivX and play it on the HD-TV through a DivX-capable DVD-player like LG or Kiss.

Of course you can play it easier out of the camera, but there is a great satisfaction by making your own HD-DVD and just drop it in the player.

The price is right. Go for it before it is too late.

jens Erik Bech Denmark.