on 3 January 2009
I bought this product after reading a couple of positive reviews on here and I really wish I hadn't.

Basically it is a piece of felt which you roll up and tie some elastic bands around on a tube when you're done. When mine arrived it was all creased and needed a good ironing first, but even so it's a poor excuse for a 'jigsaw accessory'. I've since bought the jigsaw caddy (kind of like a suitcase that opens out for you to do the jigsaw) which is definitely worth the few extra quid.

If you really think this is a good idea then buy a couple of metres of felt from a haberdashers, get three elastic bands and cut an old cardboard carpet tube! Job done for £2 ish.
99 Comments| 349 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2009
This was a very disappointing buy. It's awkward trying to do a jigsaw puzzle on a piece of felt and then when it's time to roll it away some of the pieces fall out anyway.
Finally, when you open it up again next time, the jigsaw pieces have moved! It really doesn't do the job proporly - I wish I'd spent a bit more and bought a better alternative. This product is definitely a false economy.
on 14 January 2009
I think this is a bit of a rip-off. All it is, is a rather crudely cut bit of plain green baize, three cardboard tubes that telescope together and three velcroed elastic straps. To be honest, I could have made this myself for half the price. I haven;t had a puzzle mat before and it just about does the job, but it did shed pieces and disrupt the puzzle a bit, and it was quite hard to roll up because the tube is telescoped and therefore is not a consistent diameter from end to end. I would recommend "buying up" - get a better quality mat with a grid on it, for a start. Disappointing.
on 10 September 2010
I am in shock that someone can make a living out of selling a creased piece of felt and a large toilet roll!
11 Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2009
I expected to get something that i could use very easily but all it is, is a few cardboard tubes with some felt. Its really not worth the money in my eyes its not really very sturdy and the tubes easily come apart.
VINE VOICEon 12 May 2009
Yes, it is just a piece of felt. The jigsaw pieces only just lay properly on top and when you get to roll it up over a cardboard tube, then the fun begins. You basically have to roll it as tightly as possible and ensure that someone holds the finished product whilst you secure it with three velcro strips. It's very difficult to use on your own. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the product but it sort of does what it's meant to do. What more can I say?
on 15 September 2007
Just simply a great practical item. Does what it says on the box!

Make up your puzzle on the felt mat, then when you want a break, simply pull open the telescopic tube, roll the puzzle and mat around it, and secure with the elastic bands provided.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2010
This doesn't work! This product was described as a 'felt pad', but it is just a large piece of poor quality felt. However, I didn't want a piece of felt, I thought this was a felted jigsaw pad. It doesn't work because the jigsaw pieces bounce around (even when done on a hard surface) and the pieces don't easily stay in place. When it is rolled up, what you have managed to get to stay together gets totally ruined. Very frustrating when you are doing this with a child. This was a waste of money.
on 6 September 2010
I gave up with this jigsaw roll as it was obvious to me that you could only roll it up and keep your jigsaw in tact if you had completed more than half of it.
on 31 May 2009
I ordered two of these, one for a gift. Bad points: On opening the box I was a little disappointed at the quality of the product. The felt fabric is of very thin quality and has no substance to it. As the felt fabric is very lightweight, it does not hold down easily and moves around the table with the slightest movement. It can crease up as you pick up the jigsaw pieces. The 'roll' consists of 3 cardboard tubes (I think would be better if they were plastic), which sit inside each other and slide in and out to allow packing away.
Good points: It serves the purpose it was purchased for.

Incidentally, the person who received the gifted item was equally disapointed.