Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 January 2007
Well how many words does it take to say "fantastic from start to finish",i have had this album on vinyl for many years,& was delighted when it was released on CD,i am a massive fan of Bobby Bare,& this live album is the man at his very best,i can't recommend this album highly enough,don't miss out on this one,give yourself a treat,& even if your not a country fan i'm sure you'll find this album kinda unique,& one of music's great classics.
on 10 March 2013
Some forty years ago, as newly weds, my wife and I befriended a couple that moved into out street. Before long I realized that the chap and I had a shared interest in music and playing guitar.
He introduced me to the sound that was Bobby Bare. One tune stuck with me all these years and I never made a serious effort to secure a copy until now. the tune is "This Guitar Is For Sale". The song is lament to the guitar. The singer suggesting that the guitar, an old friend, no longer earns her keep.
As a would be guitarist that doesn't practice long enough to amount to too much I empathise with the singer of this song. it was for this particular track, I held in my head all these years I sought out and eventually sourced this CD.

Bobby Bare, is a major force in country music and can call the likes of Johnny Cash and Merle Travis among his friends.
on 26 November 2006
I've owned this album since it was released way back in the 70's. It is one of the best albums Bare has ever done, funny as heck. It's about time they re-released it. Well worth the money if they haven't changed anything about it.
on 7 April 2011
I already have this album on vinyl and it has been one of my favourites ever since it first came out. I was very pleased with the quality of this pressing though I felt that a bit more care could have been taken in the choice of the extra tracks. None of them seem to relate to the mood of the album. Having said that the tracks are good but Bobby Bare has a vast catalogue and there are other songs that would have kept the mood going for longer.

There isn't a dud track on the album and it is probably the best Bobby Bare album currently available, though Drunk and Crazy is a close second.
on 12 January 2014
This cd is really fantastic hadn't heard Bobby for years we liked him back then and this has bought back memories of when Country Music was the best, a must buy.
on 12 September 2016