F.E.A.R. (PS3)

on 24 August 2009
As to be expected from Monolith Productions, the studio which created this game, the game and sound design and writing are excellent. The visuals may look dated, but the game holds up, even more than three years after the original PC game, of which this is a port, was published.

There is one major caveat, though. The 5.1 multichannel sound mix often collapses, mapping the rear channel sounds to the front channels, and making very soft sounds come out a lot louder than they should appear. Taken together, these issues make it impossible to tell whether the bad guys are sneaking around somewhere behind you, or hidden in the shadows in front of you.
on 20 September 2016
I genuinely love this game but my only downside with it is it is quite hard to play at times and I found myself often you tubing game play to show me what to do, other than that stunning graphics and great idea!
on 26 April 2016
CHEAP AS CHIPS AND GREAT VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY WELL WORTH A VISIT TO THERE SITE
on 30 March 2017
Great
on 1 August 2016
Very entertaining
on 3 June 2015
Not a bad game. Enjoyed playing it.
on 12 September 2014
Good game. Smart AI, holds up very well for its age. Fun satisfying bullet time mechanics. The horror elements are both lacking, and infrequent.
on 9 February 2015
I came, I saw, I crapped myself.
on 21 October 2012
great shooter if a little dated by more recent titles but still worth a look.A few flaws in this otherwise good game.
on 27 February 2013
i choose this rating because i like this game.
i like this game very much.
I picked myself this game
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse