on 4 December 2006
This has got to be the most colourful,addictive and yet utterly pointless games on the 360! But while I say "pointless" this is where Viva Pinata comes into it's own.The closest I can liken this game to is a cross between animal crossing and harvest moon.

You start with a postage stamp size piece of land and use your broken spade and grass seed to soften hard soil and lay fresh grass down. Once this is done you start to attract Pinata into your garden in the hope of making them residents,however this easier said than done.To make a Pinata a resident you have to fulfill requirements i.e. have the right flowers, fruit grass levels etc. Once you have 2 of any species, you can then begin to fullfill the requirements i.e. houses food etc.in order to breed them, which when done gives you a little mini game and a colourfull and comical cut scene of the romace.As you progress through the game you begin to attract a wider variety of species (both good and bad!!)and get tool upgrades and larger land space. And this is where the addiction comes in as you want to see what other species are available. A good fun game for both adults and children alike and one of the best appearances from rare since joining xbox.Buy it today!!
on 10 December 2006
This game is brilliant. It starts off where you have a spade and you are just making the soil good thats all really. I didnt see anything special init. Kind of boring really. But then the fun starts a whirm comes along ( no i havent spelt it wrong thats how they spelll it) then a sparrowmint comes along and then when it starts getting fun. Just after a short period of time you have your hand full with pinatas visiting and becpming residents. I warn you it is very adddictive. But in a good way. If i had the time i could personally spend hours on my garden. Also if you have games like ghost recon and gears of war it is a nice change a diffrent kind of game but not relaxed. You always have something to do. Some people say it is like harvestmoon and animal crossing but i say it is better. On those two other games you after a while ran out of things to do. This there is always something to do. So to sum it up this colourful
and fun game is a must buy. It may look a bit kiddy, you may think people will laugh if they knew i had that game well so what its your 360 and prove them wrong by giving them 20 mins with viva pinata. In my opinion it is fantastic make your mind up but i am sure you will love it. It is a fun game for anyone. Try it you will love it. Go to [...] for the review that they gave it. Thats where i go for all my gaming needs. My gamertag for xbox live is DonutboyMc if you want to contact me.
VINE VOICEon 12 December 2006
I bought this game as a bit of a gamble, I knew what to expect; a kiddies game that'll last maybe two weeks, no more. Was I wrong or what? I am living off humble-pie here. This game is fantastic.

Firstly, crossing Animal Crossing with Pokemon, The Sims, Zoo Tycoon and Sim City isn't a bad place to start. Weird? Of course, but that's Viva Pinata!

Personally, I'm not a fan of games like the Sims or that kind of "control everything" genre. This game certainly hasn't changed that in me, but I certainly won't be getting rid of this. It's open endedness is what makes it so special, each game can be completely different, depending on what mood you're in at the time. I find that I like to get really far, and then ruin everything, sell everything that hasn't been destroyed, and start from scratch, that works for me, I've had about 20 games in a week, that isn't a bad thing!!! It makes it enjoyable for me!

The graphics though!! It's so colourful, vivid, and...cute. Yup, the game is cute all over, but not in the sickly way, no, in the really awesome to look at way. For once they make a game that looks great AND is great to play!!

Honestly, I'd recommend this to a 5 year old, or a 50 year old, and everyone inbetween, because they will ALL enjoy it! Highly recommended!
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2007
The Xbox360 gamer experience seems to be dominated by first-person shooting/action games at present - in the search of something different and having heard good things - I turned to Viva Pinada.

Yes, its bright and colourful, and yes it's probably aimed at younger gamers - but I don't care! This is a great game, utterly addictive and very different from anything else on the 360 at present.

If you're looking for a bit of fun, bright yet brilliant graphics, hours of gameplay and something different from first-person shooters - then this game is a must!
on 16 January 2007
I was so embarrased that I wanted this game I got my mum to buy it for me!!! The when my mates found out, I was ripped to shreds. But do I care no, this game is stunning, the comlicated made easy, the easy made complicated. This will keep me going for a while.

Dont care what those war-game fanatics say, just buy it, you'll enjoy
on 24 December 2006
This game took me by surprise, to be honest i was embaressed when buying it! But its a really fun game to play with an element of games like sim city and the "theme" games. There are instances where I was able to tell that it was made by Rare as many of the noises the animals make are similar to noises you hear in Banjo-Kazooie!
on 3 May 2013
I've played Viva Pinata about 5 times now, playing for about an hour each time, and honestly, i cant say i see the point in it...
I read reviews saying it was a highly pointless game that had no real purpose, but i also read that it was very addictive and that it could keep you entertained for hours, which is why i bought it. I unfortunately have to disagree. The game is boring, you buy a seed, you plant the seed, you wait for it to grow into a plant, and you sell it... that way you get money, to buy more pinata's or housing for pinata's or accessories for pinata's. It is an endless cycle of Go To The Store - Buy Seeds - Dig Hole - Plant Seed - Keep Seed Watered - Wait For Seed To Grow Into A Plant - Sell Plant - Buy Pinata - House Pinata - Buy Clothes And Such For Pinata - Go To Store - Buy Seeds .... that is all the game consists of.
To younger children (i wouldnt recommend this to anyone over the age of 11/12) it may be a fun quirky game, to an adult (Only just turned adult too, im 19!) it is boring. That is all there is too it.
on 7 February 2015
Always a fun game to go back to every once in a while. Despite the visuals of the game which are aimed for a younger market, this is a challenging and fun game to play which requires strategy and skill.
Has great replay value due to the amount of customisation and you will always do something really different each time you play it. Classic game
on 13 July 2014
Bought this for my 7 year old, it amused her for about an hour then it was back to sonic the hedgehog. I've played it for a bit and it seems a little complex for under 10's. It'll sit on the shelf for a while and get a play rarely.
on 14 October 2014
Nice item and fast delivery