Customer reviews

on 9 November 2015
Christmas present hasn't been seen by person product purchased for
on 31 March 2012
I own many Silverwood baking tins and have to say that after a lifetime of cooking, I consider their products to be superb in that they produce excellent results and are very easy to clean. However, having made use of their 16 piece square multi Cake pan set, it is my view that the product is not worth producing. Having made up my usual ginger cake recipe that I normally bake in a square Silverwood tin, I decided to make use of their new 16 multi-tin set. I followed the advice of weighing the actual amount of cake mix placed in each of the 16 individual tins. That was not an easy task in that it was quite difficult to place the mix evenly in each tin. However, having done that I was not disappointed with the cakes produced but despite following the advice of greasing the tins with groundnut oil and sprinkling with flour, it was not an easy task to remove the cakes. Having removed the cakes it was then necessary to wash-up the tins by hand which took far more time than usual The whole product consists of 33 separate parts which I then placed in a sink to soak in soapy hot water. After an hour of soaking it was then necessary to use a brush to remove the cake residue from all of the parts. Having done that I then rinsed and hand-dried the 33 individual parts. After that the whole product had to be reassembled. My feelings now are that I will not use the product again but simply make use of either one of the several Silverwood square tins or their excellent Brownie tin. After making any cake in that way it is very easy to take a sharp knife and cut the cake into 16 small squares. Moreover it takes only a moment to hand wash and dry the tin.
on 30 November 2007
I haved used this cake tin and its great. it turns out lovely little cakes, all the same size. although it is expensive it is worth the cost. the only real comment I have to make is that the recipe that they give is not quite enough - I would use a 5 egg recipe
on 19 September 2011
This cake tin is ok but awkward to wash due to sharpe edges and corners. It's not dishwasher friendly, so has to be hand washed. It is advisable to put foil or a larger tray under it, as the cake mixture leaks out. If you don't oil and flour the tin, the mixture can stick and you won't get the squares you are trying for. It's probalby not cheap to manufacture, but I personally think it's over priced.
on 24 December 2010
I have used this item over and over again, made cakes for school fete, mini wedding cakes and christmas cakes. Perfect size for one portion. No one else in my house eats fruit cake so I made individual ones and put them in the freezer now I dont have to waste larger cakes Ijust defrost one of these.
on 22 October 2015
I bought this size as I make a lot of Christmas cakes to sell. I've only ever used the fruit cake recipe that was included. It's perfect for the size tin. A number of reviews have commented that greasing and lining the tins is very fiddly and hard work. I bought off the internet some reusable cake liners which work a treat. I also bought a cutter for the marzipan or icing. I would suggest that the cutter would need to be a tiny bit bigger for the icing (if it's to fit over a layer of marzipan). If you made sponge cakes the icing cutter would be perfect. Cleaning is tricky, but as it's such good quality you want to treat it well and keep it looking brand new. I'm in the process of buying the larger 36 piece size as I make so many every year. Definately recommend this product.
on 17 July 2011
i have just purchased the mini pan set i love it so many cakes at the same time a bit fidderly to clean as it has to be done by hand. can`t be that bad as iv just ordered the round ones
on 12 February 2016
I bought this in order to keep up with one of the latest trends in cake decorating which is creating blocks with children's names on them. I also bought the lining papers and the sugarpaste cutter to go with the block shapes. It is quite 'fiddly' to use, I filled the boxes with various amounts of cake mix to test the size once risen. It works fairly well, but my main criticism is that the blocks when finished are actually too big. It's a shame as the idea is a really helpful one but beware cake decorators - the blocks may turn out larger than you need!
on 14 October 2013
The tin is good quality, easy to line (although you have to use individual strips of paper) and bakes well. It is not dishwasher safe, but only needs a short soak to wash well. It is fiddly to put together, as all of the squares are made of 2 pieces each, but it isn't rocket science. You quickly work out that each square is made of one unmarked piece, and one marked piece.

It isn't as big as I'd hoped, but that is my fault for not realising it was 8" square.

Good tin.
on 26 June 2012
What a great product , just have to a bit careful when opening but still very good , am ordering more of the same. Well done