on 19 January 2016
Victorinox knives are probably the most underrated and best value knives on the market - simply because their low price makes people think they're no good.

Very, very far from the truth, of course - these are amongst the best knives you can buy, and this one is no exception. Just the right size for most day-to-day cooking purposes, sharp as a razor, handles beautifully, but all at an affordable price.

Forget the 'big brand' names, where you're paying for the advertising hype rather than the knives. Chefs buy these, and for a reason. Superb quality, superb functionality - and a great price.
on 22 June 2017
I recently purchased a Victorinox knife block with knives from the U.S. which I'm very pleased with however the cooks knife that came with it is a bit on the big size. This cooks knife is just what I wanted and extremely sharp. There were spare spaces in the block to add additional knives so this fits perfect so I'm really happy!
on 30 December 2016
Love these knives, i bought the 8 inch chef's knife an was impressed however sometime u want something smaller then this is the one. They hold there edge as long as u use a chopping board they may not be made with the harder steals like the more expensive knives but are easy to sharpen an cut like a hot knife through butter. So if your a bit of a Ramsay on a budget you can't go far wrong pro knife at a reasonable price
on 24 December 2016
I really wanted to like this knife. I have the larger 'Chef's knife', which is really useful and good to use - I ordered this as a more day-to-day knife given its smaller size. Sometimes the bigger one feel like overkill for chopping a few bits.
Personally, I think the handle is too light. It just doesn't feel balanced to me - and it may just be me, as others obviously like it!
Nothing wrong with the blade though, or its sharpness.
on 12 February 2015
Great budget knife.

Very sharp, easy to sharpen, a good length for small jobs and large enough to cope equally well with big work. Thankfully there's plenty of clearance for the fingers for decent chopping techniques.

A big plus is the texture of the handle; it's grippy so even work with greasy / oily hands is a relatively secure grip.

I bought this as a cheapish but good quality knife to take to University, to avoid my expensive knives being damaged by housemates. It's now my go to knife at home too
on 10 November 2015
In my opinion (and that of my husband who is a master butcher) these are the sharpest knives on the market, the best value for money and the best for every job around the house. Such lovely sharp knives, its a true saying that a blunt knife in the kitchen can cause many accidents but with these Victorinox knives you never have that problem, they sharpen easily with a couple of strokes down a steel and stay sharp for a long time.
on 24 September 2014
Very excited about finding this after weeks of research looking for a good sharp knife for an occasional home cook, As soon as it arrived I tried cutting the hairs on my arm (as one reviewer suggested) - didn't work, but I wasn't really expecting it to. Carefully ran my thumb over it, didn't feel very sharp but maybe that's not a good test. So I went and tried it on an onion - fantastic, glided through it beautifully, so I tried a tomato - again very good, very happy!
One week later after minimal use (just basic cooking for the kids) and the edge has gone. Although it's still sharp, much sharper than my normal knives, it doesn't cut through anything easily any more and it's no longer a joy to use. Tried sharpening it with a stone - hasn't made much difference - all in all while it's a good knife, and probably just about worth the money (it's still better than knives I've paid £20 for), it's not the knife I was hoping for.
Would have given it 3 stars but I can't seem to get in touch with the suppliers so not impressed with the customer support.
on 6 October 2011
This is my third VICTORIANOX knife I bought two because the first one the 19cm Chefs knife was so good that I had to have more. I bought the set of three knives after but unfortunately I could not buy from the first seller as he had not been on Amazon and now I had to pay a little more for this one. I am still glad because now I do not need any more knives for the rest of my life and after I'm gone my Daughter will never need any knives as she will have mine. Great knives from Switzerland only the very best.
on 30 August 2017
Love the knife, although has quite a light weight feel to it. Keeps the edge well and easy to sharpen. I got quite a lot of knives, but this one is the 'go to' one for most kitchen tasks.
on 22 January 2014
Believe it or not, I bought this after seriously considering a food processor. Then decided that a good, sharp knife would be the simple answer to grating attachments - and easier to clean and put away. This knife slices, shreds, chops beautifully! I already have a Bamix and KMix, just in case you think I'm not making any sense!

See one answered question