on 7 September 2011
We have 4 of these knives, they are really versatile and useful. Unsurprisingly the important thing is the blade which is pretty sharp. Not scalpel sharp, but sharp enough and passes my squishy tomato test (tough skin, squishy centre - a blunt knife just makes a dent and squashes the fruit, a sharp knife will cut thin slices). It holds its edge for a good long while, and when it does lose it regains it within about 4 strokes on a diamond steel. The handle lets it down for me (hence only 4 stars) - cheap plastic and not very ergonomic and feels insubstantial in my male hands, but my wife and daughter don;t see this as a problem and wouldn't mark it down n this respect. And of course it is dishwasher safe. I have better, sharper knives which I never put in a dishwasher, but these are seemingly indestructible. Great value. They are not sexy and you will not lust after them like some of your kitchen stuff but they are a truly reliable workhorse and great value. You won't regret it.
on 13 November 2013
Having used this knife for about a year, I can say without any hesitation that it's definitely sharp - A couple of people in the house have learnt the hard way to mind their fingers! The knife also seems to be of decent quality, as it looks and works pretty much like the day I bought it. The only slightly disappointing thing (for which it lost one star) is that it's not really dishwasher safe, i.e. from day one you really need to wash it by hand (being careful with your fingers!) if you want to avoid any rust spots.
on 7 November 2013
I have had this knife for over a year now and even though it is possibly the least attractive and definitely the cheapest knife that I own I can honestly say that it is the knife that I use the most .
For every day jobs in the kitchen ie. slicing onions , cutting tomatoes and chopping garlic etc. this is the knife that I go for .
I would like to add that I have a Henckel and a Global knife in my arsenal so the title of my review " My go to knife " says it all .
An excellent knife at a bargain price .
on 23 July 2015
Like many other I purchased this knife because of the connection with the famous Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. And certainly, the blade is very sharp, so no complaints at all about the excellent blade. However, if you do a lot of cooking, the handle on a knife is very important - almost as important as the blade. The handle is the part where your hand connects to that wonderful blade - the link, the interface. The handle should be designed so well, that you don't even notice it. Well, the handle on this knife was a big disappointment. It was very thin, there was no body to it, nothing to grip. That may be ok for a penknife that's used occasionally, but not for an everyday kitchen knife. It's a shame to spoil an excellent product for a few pence worth of plastic. Victorinox please take note.
on 28 May 2014
The perfect everyday knife.... I have used this knife everyday since it arrived and I can honestly say I don't know how I've managed this long without it....seriously it's great.. Sharp. Slices to perfection and a great price
on 29 March 2016
I'm left handed,and although this might seem odd to you, knives tend to be made for right handers as they are ground on only one side of the blade. However this Victorinox paring knife is just bliss. It is actually the same on both sides of the edge, so both me AND my right handed husband can use it and it's making short work of our veg preparation. My last lefty-friendly paring knife had been with me for over 6 years, but had to be thrown away last month when the handle broke. Since then I have tried 3 other knives and hated all of them so I just HAD to let you know that this one works!!! Seriously, If you know any left handed cooks, let them know about it - they will be very grateful you told them.
on 7 June 2010
Good quality steel, good level of sharpness, light and well-balanced. A generally good knife for its price. Will suit most household needs.
on 8 August 2011
This is the only knife you will need for preparing fruit and veg. I had one years ago and when I saw it on Amazon I had to order it again. I love this knife and have to hide it for my own use as it gets used for so many jobs in our house.
on 28 June 2016
At this price, I couldn't see how any manufacturer could produce a good blade, but Victorinox had done just that. I have waited a few weeks before rating this product, to see if the edge sharpness endured. It did, and is a joy to use.
Previously, I have bought small paring knives around this price point, and the blade steel was very disappointing; initially sharp, but quickly losing their edge. Victorinox have preserved their reputation with this knife (and the tomato knife version). Highly recommended.
on 28 February 2016
This is a great little paring knife - it is now my most used knife, balances well in my (medium sized female) hand - so very controllable, blade really sharp but without feeling dangerously so (which I have experienced in another knife). Good value - a great buy