on 25 March 2017
Enjoyed watching this again

Brings me back to all those years. Well constructed, written and acted. A fab watch.
on 17 August 2017
Watched it on TV first time round . Was well worth watching again.
on 3 December 2017
Good series
on 13 July 2017
Good dvd
on 8 April 2000
I suppose it's okay to ommit a few lesbians, drop two thirds of the familiar sets, have Stuart play criminally out of character, have Vince go along with it to the extent of leaving Alfie behind... But the final 10 minutes are just crap. Stuart and Vince crap, granted. But we could have wrapped things up a bit more, dare I say it, straight-forward? Don't get the impression I hated it. I'm just sorely disappointed, and QAF 1 is so brilliant!...
0Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 July 2000
Might as well warn you: QAF1 is a 5 star extraordinary piece of TV in my book. The kind that comes perhaps once every 5 years... Imagine my disappointment at this "sequel". List of characters I loved missing: Donna, Cameron, Lisa, Siobhan, Roy - even Romey, Alfie or Rosalie scarcely get to appear. The plot starts being ridiculous and from there on just sinks. The settings are cheaper than in the cheapest 70s soaps. The actors deliver their lines in numbness or OTT campness. The main characters become unrecognizable. The ending is appallingly easy. Shame on everyone involved! If you weren't feeling like a sequel, then what was the point in making one? I thought the finale of the original QAF was open-ended but fantastic. I hoped for either no follow up or for much better.
0Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 May 2000
"Where have all the background characters gone?" - that was my first reaction. Contractual impediments, I'm sure. They call it focusing on the lads, I call it bad luck. Stuart is now a criminal, Vince is okay with that and Nathan's role is to hunt down gorgeous blokes. Don't you get the feeling that some of the depth and wit have been lost? DVD (like the 1st one) is way under-used. A technical zero, really. Still, I remember the one and only QAF lovingly, so I'm giving this er..sequel 2 stars against my better judgement. It's a gut thing.
0Comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 May 2000
Queer As Folk was one of the most innovative pieces of TV drama it was my pleasure (and good fortune) to see. For the first time a widely well received depiction of Gay Life, well, of a certain style of it... I was hoping QAF2 would go further. Well, it turned out to be 1 hour of concentrated stereotypical soap (Russell's roots showing?) and 15 minutes of pure sci-fi (Dr.Who meets MTV). The actors barely manage to survive this travesti of a show. That's betrayal, innit? Marvellous!...
on 24 January 2001
The best series of the 90s has just turned into a huge downfall... There's no supporting characters to speak of, there's no coherence in Vince's acts, and the ending is a cop-off, a cop-out & the silliest possible. What just happened here??
0Comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 October 2008
I watched QAS 1 and 2 when they were aired on channel 4 and bought the DVD.

I remember watching Question Time and seeing the furore that this had created. It was a groundbreaking series, and you should buy it if only for that reason.

The press was in a frenzy, I think that their may have even been a mention of it in The Commons.

I did feel that QAS2 was inferior to the first series, but its still a really compelling watch.