on 4 March 2016
Often we don't realise what a comic treasure we have until they are no longer with us. From the early days of the Dangerous Brothers and Kevin Turvey (he put Redditch, UK, on the map!) to his later more serious work he seemed able to turn his hand from slapstick to serious acting, albeit very sarcastic work such as The New Statesman.

The beauty of current technology is we are able to enjoy him over and over again on DVD, so he is not really lost to us. The single, glaring omission, seems to be his Kevin Turvey, which I could only find on a an old VHS tape and not DVD. Still, better this than nothing. Just like his Kevin Turvey, Rik Mayall was a "one-off"; gone, but not forgotten.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2014
Rik Mayall Presents: The Complete Series [DVD]
I missed this great Rik Mayall TV series when it was first shown! After the sad death of Rik, I saw an episode called Dancing Queen on ITV as a tribute to Rik & I thought it was very good &that I must try & get all six episodes! It was hard to find & then I found it on Network DVD'S & ordered it straight from Rarewaves UK as I have used them before & a great service & price! All the episodes a really good & a great star-studded cast including Amanda Donohoe, Helena Bonham Carter, Nick Hancock and Lee Evans just to name a few! The Episodes Comprise: 1. Micky Love (1993) 2. Briefest Encounter (1993) 3. Dancing (1993) 4. The Big One (1995) 5. Dirty Old Town (1995) 6. Clair De Lune (1995). The Complete Series on a 2-DVD Set! Great quality picture & sound on a six episodes! If you love Rik, then this is a must buy! :-)
4 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2014
I bought this DVD after seeing one episode - the hilarious "Dancing Queen" - on TV as a tribute to Rik Mayall following his untimely death. I was never a fan of Bottom or The Young Ones but I must admit that this DVD set is excellent. Each of the 6 stories are very different and Mayall and his supporting cast are excellent in each one.

I'm surprised that I've never seen any of these episodes repeated on SKY and I consider this set to be a bargain for £12. Dancing Queen is worth the price on its own, but 6 great stories make this a bargain. My only advice is buy it now and enjoy hours of great comedy
on 28 February 2015
I bought this as a gift for my husband who loved the late Rik Mayall and dark humour. He loves this DVD and watches it over and over. I saw the first one and while it was not my taste, I thought Rik Mayall was a great actor in the series. I was first introduced to him in 'The Young Ones' by my husband. Now I will look for more Rik Mayall DVD's.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 April 2016
Rik mayall! Excellent, unique, nobody like him.
Always funny, always makes you laugh.
Everybody needs some of rik on their shelf.
on 20 April 2016
Bought as a gift. Still wrapped so couldn't have a sneaky watch before I gave it away! A good compilation, good price. RIP Rik, a comedy genius.
on 7 March 2018
great dvd and service , highly recommended
on 18 November 2017
Fast delivery. Great product. Thank you!
on 17 January 2018
Had a bit of trouble getting this delivered, being lost in the post Etc Etc. Good drama, Rik Mayall showing he can act as well as his normal routines of whacky humour.
on 19 May 2015
As much Rik as you can handle.

Gone but never forgotten, get this great TV series while you can, each episode is fantastic.