on 26 May 2011
After a lot of research and careful consideration I ordered this watch - I absolutely love it! it arrived promptly, very well packed & looked stunning when I opened the box :)

It's simple elegance is everything I'd hoped for & more! The colour of the steel bracelet against the champagne face, gold hands & numbers work exceptionally well.

This watch sits beautifully on my wrist & is so comfortable to wear. I did wonder if the bracelet might snag on clothing but it doesn't, it is so smooth.

Highly recommended!
31 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2011
This is my second Skagen watch and they are the most comfortable watches I have ever worn. So much so that I find myself checking to see if it's still on my wrist. Other watches have a tendency to slip sideways but due to the thinness of the watch itself and the strap this just doesn't happen.
A word of warning - the buckle can be difficult to start with until you're used to the correct order of "clipping" and I would suspect the key area of weakness as well - the buckle on my previous one kept slipping after a year's use which made it unusable - have yet to find a watch shop that can fix it.
This watch is very slim and elegant and fine to wear day to night. Hands can be a little difficult to see n some lights without moving your wrist, but otherwise can thoroughly recommend.
2 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2014
This watch is just perfect for me. I liked the look of this watch, but I bought it because of being able to alter the size of the strap. I noticed that most of the lower star ratings complained about the safety of the strap fastening, and several said the watch had fallen off their arms. All I can say is that they hadn't fastened the catch properly, which is not so difficult to do. I would recommend the manufacturers, however, to include a diagram of the fastening for those unable to understand the written instructions. I'm so proud of this lovely watch.
on 30 January 2013
I bought my last Skagen September 2011. Six months later the strap detached from the watch and I cannot find a way of getting it fixed. Most jewellers will not touch it as they say it should be returned to Skagen. I decided that it was a one off and guess what has happened to the second one, the stainless steel strap has detached itself again from the watch and none of the experts want to touch it. There is no Skagen agent anywhere near me so I am left with two SKAGEN watches that look very nice but cannot wear. Needless to say I have not made the same mistake on my next purchase and bought a lovely French Connection watch from Amazon with a leather strap.
3 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 9 September 2013
as with most purchases you end up compromising, you always want value for money, here i think i managed a fairly good job in choosing a Skagen for my wife. My wife has put up with a variety of well known watches and has been disappointed over time with their performance. This watch looks both classic yet understated, but time will tell whether my confidence will be rewarded. Yes at this time i would recommend this time piece as value for money. If i wore a watch myself i believe i would purchase a Skagen.
on 24 December 2011
I ordered this watch quickly - with a bit of an "it'll do" feel about it - until it arrived. It is a lovely watch, simple but elegant, with a nice combination of hints of 'gold' against the stainless steel. I could not have chosen better, it will be easily at home on both dressy occasions and with jeans, it is such a classic design. It certainly looks more expensive than the price paid. I am really pleased with it and would recommend it highly to anyone.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2011
What a nice watch, my wife was thrilled with it. It looks classy and is fairly slimline on the wrist. It has a good strap which is easily adjusted so fit any ladies wrist ( no links to remove etc it is all diy.)It keeps good time and will tollerate some water splashing. Highly recommended.
16 people found this helpful
on 27 July 2013
I love Skagen watches they are so slim and stylish, so have purchased another one in gold.
Very good quality for the price and I particularly liked this model as it has a very clear face that I can see the time without having to put my glasses on.
A nice feature of this model is the gold numerals on the face that make it look quite dressy even though I have bought this for my everyday watch.
These watches can be purchased quite a bit cheaper from Amazon than on the high street.
on 25 November 2013
I saw the watch when it arrived and now my husband has hidden it as it is to be a Christmas 'surprise'. The watch came on time and was well packaged. I know I like it because I chose it! It looks the same as the picture and I did see it in a couple of shops. Not too many shops sell Skagen but when I did find it, it was very much more expensive. Well pleased - hope it will live up to my expectation.
on 12 March 2014
This Skagen watch is a safe bet if you are looking for a stylish and practical ladies watch. It's smaller than expected and the indices would be hard to read if you chose the all stainless steel version, rather than this model with the gold indices. Bracelet is easy to size using a very small hobby screwdriver. Compared to my wife's other Skagen watch, a different model purchased for a similar price four years ago, this one does not appear to be as good a quality; not much in it, but you can tell the difference.

Overall, a good watch especially if purchased at the 60% discount, but I would not buy it at the £99 rrp